Chinese ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That looks like a lot of import duty, but worth it:okay:
Not just Customs Duty (14%), but anything up to 70% anti-dumping duty + VAT on top of the purchase price - I can't see Frey on any of the Annexes, so this will be liable to 62.1% ADD.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-originating-in-the-peoples-republic-of-china

I hope the OP's factored this into the price as there's been quite a few personal imports abandoned once they get here when the importer is presented with the bill for the additional duties & warehouse handling fees bafore the bike is Customs cleared.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I bought a cheap Chinese electric bike about 8 years ago. I used it for 4 years and then sold it to a mate. He is still riding it with the original battery. It is worth a punt as long as you dont spend an arm and a leg on it.

Frey are defiantly not a cheap Chinese bike. There's quite a few on the road here as we have a Swiss importer, sort of Frey direct and with 1000w/160nm Bafang drive systems they get excellent reviews, here they are about £3k. I believe Frey have been manufacturing for a different European brand for some years earlier, maybe Flyer or Stromer, not sure.

Back to the fine and dandy.... i reckon it will be for sure, just a very powerful and fast version:okay:

Pics once it arrives please.

mjd1988

Guru
That is a beautiful machine

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Its coming with 2.8" Super moto X. I've got a pair of 2.5" Schwalbe G Ones Ones tubeless to fit

The 2.4" Motos on my Riese and Muller Charger look a fair size, probably as big as the tyres on my Raleigh moped from the early 70s.

Decent enough tyres which I have tubeless.

I'm not sure the G Ones will give you much of an improvement.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The 2.4" Motos on my Riese and Muller Charger look a fair size, probably as big as the tyres on my Raleigh moped from the early 70s.

Decent enough tyres which I have tubeless.

I'm not sure the G Ones will give you much of an improvement.
The Super M X are pretty heavy. I'll try them out for ride quality and grip. My G Ones were extremely cheap, so have 2 pairs ready in the future.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Super M X are pretty heavy. I'll try them out for ride quality and grip. My G Ones were extremely cheap, so have 2 pairs ready in the future.

My Super Motos are not the most puncture resistant, which is the main reason I went for tubeless.

G Ones seem well liked, the Motos wont last forever, so I'm sure yours will come in one way or another.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A handful of people have registered 28mph/45kph Speed Pedelecs in the UK, but it makes very little sense.

You can then only use the bike where a motor vehicle can go, and a petrol moped would be much faster, have far superior range, and be much cheaper and safer.

Top Bottom