Chiropractors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YellowV2

Veteran
I'm absolutely not a numpty and actually professionally qualified to understand how clinical trials work, and how we know what medical therapies do and don't work. You keep saying the same thing over and over again without evidencing your claims - in no small part because there is no evidence.

I am not pushing an agenda merely pointing out that you are advocating a remedy that doesn't work.
There you go again saying something doesn't work because that is whet you choose to believe, without trying it!
I will carry on saying to anyone who asks if Chiropractic or Homeopathy works, saying yes for me it does. YMMV.
FTFY!

si_c

Guru
There you go again saying something doesn't work because that is whet you choose to believe, without trying it!
I will carry on saying to anyone who asks if Chiropractic or Homeopathy works, saying yes for me it does. YMMV.
FTFY!
It's not what I choose to believe, it's what the evidence tells us. Just because you like it doesn't mean it works. I might want to beleive that red cars go faster, doesn't make it true either.

There is no two sides to the coin, there are facts and not-facts. Facts tell us that homeopathy and chiropractic don't work and can be dangerous.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

YellowV2

Veteran
It's not what I choose to believe, it's what the evidence tells us. Just because you like it doesn't mean it works. I might want to beleive that red cars go faster, doesn't make it true either.

There is no two sides to the coin, there are facts and not-facts. Facts tell us that homeopathy and chiropractic don't work and can be dangerous.
I imagine you work in the health sector or similar and that is why you are afraid of both of these practices. Of course there are two sides to every coin but have been indoctrinated.
BTW certain GP's are now realising that alternative medicine can actually work.
You keep spouting absolute Bollocks about about it being placebo, if it works then it does have effect.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
...Of course there are two sides to every coin...

Regardless as to the precise subject at hand, this assertion is clearly false.

There are emphatically not two sides to every coin.

The earth is not flat, perpetual motion machines are not possible, mental illness is not caused by possession by evil spirits.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I imagine you work in the health sector or similar and that is why you are afraid of both of these practices. Of course there are two sides to every coin but have been indoctrinated.
BTW certain GP's are now realising that alternative medicine can actually work.
You keep spouting absolute Bollocks about about it being placebo, if it works then it does have effect.
How does homeopathy work? Are you not even slightly curious? Perhaps if it does work and we can understand the mechanism we can make it even better. Or does knowledge somehow reduce the efficacy?

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Cannabis is Homeopathic
No it isn’t, unless you mean there are homeopathic dilutions available. They would be entirely legal anywhere for obvious reasons.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Cannabis is Homeopathic

Cannabis a natural substance with a number of pharmaceutically active constituents.

These have been quite widely studied and some have been found to be efficacious in certain medical conditions.

If I had a relevant condition I'd want it in a form that guaranteed the quality and correct dose.

It's the antithesis of a homeopathic remedy.

I don't think you've understood what homeopathy is.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
How does homeopathy work? ...
well it's simple really...
Water memory :wacko: is the purported ability of water to retain a memory of substances previously dissolved in it even after an arbitrary number of serial dilutions. It has been claimed to be a mechanism by which homeopathic remedies work, even when they are diluted to the point that no molecule of the original substance remains.

Water memory defies conventional scientific understanding of physical chemistry knowledge and is not accepted by the scientific community. In 1988, Jacques Benveniste published a study supporting a water memory effect amid controversy in Nature, accompanied by an editorial by Nature's editor John Maddox urging readers to "suspend judgement" until the results can be replicated. In the years following publication, multiple supervised experiments were run by Benveniste's team, the United States Department of Defense, BBC's Horizon programme, and other researchers, but no team has ever reproduced Benveniste's results in controlled conditions.

from wikipedia

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
well it's simple really...
Water memory :wacko: is the purported ability of water to retain a memory of substances previously dissolved in it even after an arbitrary number of serial dilutions. It has been claimed to be a mechanism by which homeopathic remedies work, even when they are diluted to the point that no molecule of the original substance remains.

Water memory defies conventional scientific understanding of physical chemistry knowledge and is not accepted by the scientific community. In 1988, Jacques Benveniste published a study supporting a water memory effect amid controversy in Nature, accompanied by an editorial by Nature's editor John Maddox urging readers to "suspend judgement" until the results can be replicated. In the years following publication, multiple supervised experiments were run by Benveniste's team, the United States Department of Defense, BBC's Horizon programme, and other researchers, but no team has ever reproduced Benveniste's results in controlled conditions.

from wikipedia
Yeah, I know. I was gently attempting to suggest that proponents should do some research... :okay:

Top Bottom