chris boardman bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adscrim

Veteran
+1
agree they're nothing special...your not exactly running to get one over others like cube fuji dolan..(JMO)

Couldn't disagree more. I've two Boardman road bikes (an original road comp and a 2009 Pro Carbon) and they are both excellent to ride. They're light, responsive and stiff and in my opinion offer the buyer way more than the price tag suggested at the time of my first purchase. I would happily run to get another.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I love my road comp, the only grumble i have about it and it seems cycling plus reviews agree that it is more of a straight line speed bike as in fast tight corners it can have a little bit of understeer.

Nothing to be worried about in normal riding as the only time it has happened to me is when i have been giving the full beans on club runs .

musa

Über Member
Couldn't disagree more. I've two Boardman road bikes (an original road comp and a 2009 Pro Carbon) and they are both excellent to ride. They're light, responsive and stiff and in my opinion offer the buyer way more than the price tag suggested at the time of my first purchase. I would happily run to get another.

fair enough...not knocking it...

OP
OP
Gsxrpaul

Gsxrpaul

Must admit when I bought my Boardman CX it was with great hesitiation due to having to buy through Halfords.

I had a few problems badly set up brakes, dry BB30 and the headset was not tightend properly it was so bad the spacers could be moved the bolts on the stem were also loose. All this after phoning 4 Halfords and picking the one that gave the best answers. I was not that impressed with how Boardman, including the man at the top dealt with the issues, constantly referring me back to the store that had done such a poor job in the first place. The store also told some major porkies about what they did to repair the issues, trying to baffle me with bullshit.

The bike since it has been sorted is fine but I would only buy from them again mail order and take the bike to someone who knew what they were doing to get it set up and checked over.

sounds like good advice

OP
OP
Gsxrpaul

Gsxrpaul

just a quick one the boardman fs team bike has full suspension and the rear shock is a rock shox monarch r. the question is does this have a lock out facility or will it just bounce while riding on flat tarmac as im undecided between the fs team or the ht team

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I think it's safe to say Boardman are top bikes for the money......