chris boardman bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gsxrpaul

Hi just a quick one was wondering what people thought of the Boardman bikes and the one i have in mind is the, HT Team im looking at getting this from halfords as i have a friend who can get me discount, was wondering if these bikes are worth the money?

dandare

I'm not in the market for a new bike but wouldn't hesitate to have one. They seem very good value for money. I know two people who have them and they are very pleased.

edindave

Über Member
I've owned a Hybrid Pro for nearly two years and still love it. I know a few other folk with Boardman road bikes and hybrids and never heard a complaint about them.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Get great reviews and look very good value for money.

I'd certainly consider one if I was in the market

rollinstok

My son just bought the Hybrid Team
I spent a year pimping my Marin Hybrid with carbon fork, carbon seatpost, Ritchey stem, Charge spoon saddle.
He comes along with this high-falluting new bike and blows me to bits
My saddle is better though.

screenman

Legendary Member
Just get it checked properly after buying it as some Halfrauds are not as good as others.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Must admit when I bought my Boardman CX it was with great hesitiation due to having to buy through Halfords.

I had a few problems badly set up brakes, dry BB30 and the headset was not tightend properly it was so bad the spacers could be moved the bolts on the stem were also loose. All this after phoning 4 Halfords and picking the one that gave the best answers. I was not that impressed with how Boardman, including the man at the top dealt with the issues, constantly referring me back to the store that had done such a poor job in the first place. The store also told some major porkies about what they did to repair the issues, trying to baffle me with bullshit.

The bike since it has been sorted is fine but I would only buy from them again mail order and take the bike to someone who knew what they were doing to get it set up and checked over.

Top Bottom