Chris Boardman on the ways to change the world podcast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
"Chris Boredman on giving up his car..."

Except he didn't. He merely stopped using his car to commute while he was volunteering at the local cycle shop. He still owns it, still drives it.

dodgy

It's a Boardman thread, so you can always rely on Drago turning up to have a go, for god knows what reason 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the tip on the podcast, will listen later!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I think he does a lot for cycling in general as a normal form of transport but I think one of best ways to promote bikes as normal is people like him, the cycling transport businesses and the like to get together and demonstrate the passion in a country wide road show proving cycling isn't a dark art or dangerous and just a sensible way of getting from A to B among so many other things.

dodgy

I think he does a lot for cycling in general as a normal form of transport but I think one of best ways to promote bikes as normal is people like him, the cycling transport businesses and the like to get together and demonstrate the passion in a country wide road show proving cycling isn't a dark art or dangerous and just a sensible way of getting from A to B among so many other things.

He's a pretty busy bloke and as you said, already does a lot. That vision has to come from the top. And as to your last bit, he bangs on about this at every opportunity. He's always going on about cycling in normal clothes and that cycling is mainly seen as a sport in this country.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
True enough, the cycling transport businesses and cycling bodies of various kinds could do more perhaps but I am an idealist. If I had the wherewithal I would get a whole bunch of businesses involved across cycle related types and tour towns and cities demonstrating the endless possibilities.

Top Bottom