1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas cards

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Cycling Naturalist, 17 Dec 2007.

1. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I cannot really see the point of distributing Christmas cards like confetti to everyone I know. I never give cards to those I'm in regular contact with and just send them to relatives and old friends who I haven't been in touch with (usually because of distance) for a while. Now, this can be variously interpreted as my being a mean old scrote, or a deeply sensitive caring person doing his bit for the environment.

What do others think?

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Mean old scrote, probably :sad:

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

old scrote

4. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

it's the ones you get from people at work that annoy me. wh do they suddenly have an urge to initiate some form of contact with you when they ignore you the rest of the year?

5. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

I think you're a mean old scrote, but not because of the Christmas cards;)

6. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

To this date I have never, ever, sent a Christmas card. I hope that I won't ever have to (although if I ever get a wife, she'll probably force me to). It's not that I'm a misery guts, it is more that I'm lazy.

7. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

You have got it wrong here SN, once you get married you get to forget all about writing christmas and birthday cards, this is a wifey job. You have to strut around with a bunch of power tools and a monkey wrench under your arm looking manly and randomly fixing stuff. :sad:

8. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

it's even better if you have a power monkey, does all the jobs for you!

9. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

That's quite true unfortunately. You just have to sign them.

10. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

not unless you get her to forge your signature. she does it on cheeques anyway!

11. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

I think your wife runs the christmas card department in Castle Stevens, and you haven't got a clue who she sends cards to in your name.:sad::biggrin:

I have just received a calendar from my cousin in a certain Canadian city. She has been sending the same style of calendar containing 12 pics from a pool of 18 pics every year for the last twenty. I don't need to look at the pic titles, I know the locations by now and feel as if i have lived there! Why does she bother?:biggrin:

12. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I think it's a good thing I didn't bother to send you one....:sad:

You are of course included in the E-card I've sent everyone in the Merry Christmas thread, if you don't feel that's too much like confetti...

13. andyoxon

andyoxon Veteran

14. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Can someone please tell Mrs Fnaar? If I don't do 'em, they don't get done! Sheesh! :ohmy:

15. Ive never done cards why I dont know it dose wind up Mrs Spandex as shes from the usa.