Christmas cards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I cannot really see the point of distributing Christmas cards like confetti to everyone I know. I never give cards to those I'm in regular contact with and just send them to relatives and old friends who I haven't been in touch with (usually because of distance) for a while. Now, this can be variously interpreted as my being a mean old scrote, or a deeply sensitive caring person doing his bit for the environment.

What do others think?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Patrick Stevens said:
I cannot really see the point of distributing Christmas cards like confetti to everyone I know. I never give cards to those I'm in regular contact with and just send them to relatives and old friends who I haven't been in touch with (usually because of distance) for a while. Now, this can be variously interpreted as my being a mean old scrote, or a deeply sensitive caring person doing his bit for the environment.

What do others think?

Mean old scrote, probably :sad:

it's the ones you get from people at work that annoy me. wh do they suddenly have an urge to initiate some form of contact with you when they ignore you the rest of the year?

SamNichols

To this date I have never, ever, sent a Christmas card. I hope that I won't ever have to (although if I ever get a wife, she'll probably force me to). It's not that I'm a misery guts, it is more that I'm lazy.

domtyler

Über Member
SamNichols said:
To this date I have never, ever, sent a Christmas card. I hope that I won't ever have to (although if I ever get a wife, she'll probably force me to). It's not that I'm a misery guts, it is more that I'm lazy.

You have got it wrong here SN, once you get married you get to forget all about writing christmas and birthday cards, this is a wifey job. You have to strut around with a bunch of power tools and a monkey wrench under your arm looking manly and randomly fixing stuff. :sad:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
That's quite true unfortunately. You just have to sign them.

snorri

Legendary Member
Patrick Stevens said:
What do others think?

I think your wife runs the christmas card department in Castle Stevens, and you haven't got a clue who she sends cards to in your name.:sad::biggrin:

I have just received a calendar from my cousin in a certain Canadian city. She has been sending the same style of calendar containing 12 pics from a pool of 18 pics every year for the last twenty. I don't need to look at the pic titles, I know the locations by now and feel as if i have lived there! Why does she bother?:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:

What do others think?

I think it's a good thing I didn't bother to send you one....:sad:

You are of course included in the E-card I've sent everyone in the Merry Christmas thread, if you don't feel that's too much like confetti...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
domtyler said:
You have got it wrong here SN, once you get married you get to forget all about writing christmas and birthday cards, this is a wifey job. You have to strut around with a bunch of power tools and a monkey wrench under your arm looking manly and randomly fixing stuff. :angry:
Can someone please tell Mrs Fnaar? If I don't do 'em, they don't get done! Sheesh! :ohmy:

Top Bottom