Christmas deliveries to workplace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Pretty good where I am, few hundred in the building. They'll even deliver to desk at some points in the day

potsy

Rambler
A friend of mine bought something recently and had it delivered to where he works, unfortunately he forgot to put his name on the delivery address so they had to send an email to all staff asking who the snuggle blanket belonged to :laugh:

winjim

Smash the cistern
No personal deliveries allowed at our place, everything goes via central stores and they were getting a bit sick of dealing with people's Amazon orders.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
All my Amazon and Ebay stuff goes to work. There's always someone there to sign for it. Most of my bike stuff goes there too. I have not made the tedious journey to a parcel depot on some God-forsaken remote industrial estate for many years. I highly recommend it.

Red17

Veteran
This week it was a pair of fruit trees - a medlar and an apricot for the allotment.

I've had some strange stuff delivered to my work over the years. Biggest was a petrol generator. Also had several sets of motorcycle slick tyres delivered for my race bike (This was the only one I had complaints about - apparently they didnt look good sitting in reception for an afternoon).

tyred

Legendary Member
I have all my parcels sent to work as I know there is someone to receive/sign for them unlike at home during the day.

Had a few rarities - a driver's door for MK1 Golf, mudguards for a vintage Ford tractor, a Peugeot Carbolite frame and a camshaft for Ford Cortina which our receptionist at the time described as a lumpy iron bar :smile:

fimm

Veteran
Boyfriend once had two bicycle boxes (the kind you put a bike in to put on an aeroplane) delivered to his office. There were very big and the receptionist got straight on to Boyfriend to come and take them away. When he saw the size of them, he got straight on to his mate (who had bought the second box) to say that he would be dropping it off for him on his way home!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
A colleague of mine got a box of assorted French cheeses delivered. Reception rang up to say "collect it now, it stinks". He then brought it up to the office and it stunk up the fridge even after he'd taken it home.

Top Bottom