Christmas dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Every year MrsF gets in a tizz, she can't multi-task, the wine doesn't help, but every year she gets in a bad mood as she tries to keep everything together. There are pans & utensils everywhere, kitchen like a bombs hit it.
She thinks I can't do it.

But I can multi-task and did it today for the first time in 24 years together, we cater for meat eaters, fish eaters and veggies. I did turkey, quorn, salmon, parsnips, roast potatoes, peas, carrots, stuffing, pigs in blankets, sprouts and all the sauces. It was doddle, washed up as I went along too.

MIL said it was great but MrsF is in a bad mood and asking if I want a friggin medal. ^_^

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Roast dinner is such a stupid idea for mass catering. I'd love to do a curry but Mrs MM insists on a roast and all the drama that goes with it. To be fair it was very good. Luckily I like my turkey medium rare!

Tin Pot

Guru
Let her enjoy the stress.

Focus elsewhere.

IMG_7534.JPG

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
We did the traditional Christmas lunch. Last night I made the stuffing ready to be cooked today. This morning I cooked the turkey, the Mrs the roast spuds (her specialty) and between us we did honey roasted carrots & parsnips, cauliflower cheese, brussels fried in butter with pancetta, Yorkshire puddings plus the pigs in blankets. I carved some of the ham I cooked yesterday as well all with turkey gravy.

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Roast turkey, roast beef, sprouts in sage butter with chestnuts, pigs in blankets, pork, sage and onion stuffing balls, Savoy cabbage, julienne carrots, roast potatoes, honey roast parsnips, proper turkey gravy, white sauce - Mrs ND did us proud again this year. ^_^

Turkey Tikka Masala tomorrow too! :okay:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Stopped doing 'traditional' Christmas dinner about 20 years ago, when my missus asked what I wanted this year, and I replied 'Egg and Chips'. You can get turkey with all the trimmings at most pubs and restaurants there days, at a reasonable cost and without the hassle. Why bother doing it yourself, when you can get someone else to?
It's been traditional Egg and Chips ever since. Pushed the boat out this year and had sausages as well.
20161225_141014.jpg

Quick to prepare and clear up, and a favourite meal of many anyway.
My mother in law was convinced we were joking, when we said that was what she was having if she came to us for Christmas one year. Should have seen the look on her face when we served it up!

Tin Pot

Guru
Stopped doing 'traditional' Christmas dinner about 20 years ago, when my missus asked what I wanted this year, and I replied 'Egg and Chips'. You can get turkey with all the trimmings at most pubs and restaurants there days, at a reasonable cost and without the hassle. Why bother doing it yourself, when you can get someone else to?
It's been traditional Egg and Chips ever since. Pushed the boat out this year and had sausages as well. View attachment 155296
Quick to prepare and clear up, and a favourite meal of many anyway.
My mother in law was convinced we were joking, when we said that was what she was having if she came to us for Christmas one year. Should have seen the look on her face when we served it up!

Love it!

We enjoy tradition:
IMG_7537.JPG

Top Bottom