Christmas music recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's started. The bloody awful Christmas pop music at work. For some reason it's considered acceptable for the next three weeks in the usually music-free lab to blast it out while some of us are trying to concentrate. I can't stand it.

Also, our little girl has started requesting we sing Christmas songs. She knows the words to Jingle Bells, Silent Night, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I'm trying to remember some carols but I only seem to know the first verse of loads of them.

This means I need to get some decent Christmas music. I'd like some good versions of traditional carols, and something with a bit of the fun stuff for the kids. Maybe also some nice religious choral music or something.

So, any recommendations for good albums to buy? What do you listen to over the festive period that isn't the usual rubbish they play on the radio?

vickster

Legendary Member
Friend of mine sings with the Bach Choir, could try one of their previous Christmas recordings if you want trad

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...=B005G24HM4&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwthebachcho-21

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Friend of mine sings with the Bach Choir, could try one of their previous Christmas recordings if you want trad

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...=B005G24HM4&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwthebachcho-21
That looks like the sort of thing. Do they do preview clips on Amazon? Can't seem to find any.
Bad Religion have the answer:

Clearly this is the way the thread was always going to go, but yeah, I'm open to pretty much any non-mainstream-pop Christmas music so bring it on. Although in our house that niche will probably be filled by radio 6.

Tin Pot

Guru
Also, our little girl has started requesting we sing Christmas songs. She knows the words to Jingle Bells, Silent Night, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I'm trying to remember some carols but I only seem to know the first verse of loads of them.

Im with winjimette, stuff buying an album and get singing - just google the song title + chords + lyrics

1. Twelve Days of Christmas
2. Falalalalalala (you know the one)
3. God rest ye merry gentlemen
4. Away in a manger

If you’re still going after that lot, you’ll find others in the search results :smile:

...FIVE GOLD RINGS!...four something else, three something something etc.

ba5dc140d5af5d6d5bbc65e286cf8763.jpg

Top Bottom