Christmas Parties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My last company booked the whole local national history museum for xmas.
That can go very wrong. The year before I joined an internet bubble company, they had their Christmas party at London's Natural History Museum. One of the party goers "rode" the dinosaur in the foyer. Apparently it's not a fossil, but a cast - however it was made in Victorian times, so still an antique.

They were charged a large fine and a larger repair fee.

(while I wasn't there, I saw the photos and discussed it with the VP who paid the fines)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
This makes me think: you are what you do. If you have a job that involves much talking, you'll pry be sociable. If not, you won't. I work with a bunch of effing nerds and all they rabbit in about is techie stuff. No way we are gonna socialize with anyone!
In the firm I used to work for the actuarial function was notorious for three things. First, the deathly silence in the office as everyone focussed on their spreadsheets and their own shoes. The second was choosing expensive wine whenever they went out for dinner with other teams. And the third was the massive piss-ups of the Christmas party, the summer party and any other excuse for a good drink-up.

tyred

Legendary Member
This reminds me, I must collect my Ebeneezer Scrooge outfit from the dry cleaners in preparation for Christmas party

Mrs Salad and I have both cut down on the number of Christmas functions that we will attend this year, by retiring.

Now we will just have the ukulele club dinner to attend, so only 2 turkey dinners in December, one of which is on the 25th.

Mrs S used to quite enjoy her staff party each year, but I hated mine. Trying to shout small talk across a crowded pub, whilst knowing that you have got to catch the last train home with all the drunk people on it, was never my idea of a great night out......

Top Bottom