Christmas pud?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Only a few days to go,really looking forward to it now.But im not that keen on traditional christmas pud,a bit too heavy and too many currants & sultanas.I would much rather get stuck into spotted dick and custard,or treakle sponge,or choc sponge.
Whats your fave for after christmas dinner?Thats if theres any room left:smile:

Noodley

Raisins soaked in PX with vanilla ice cream. Then some cheese and biccies and a glass of port.

Speicher said:
I agree with you about the treacly sponge, with custard. :angry: Nice and light and fluffy. I dislike that over-full feeling you can easily get on Christmas Day, if you are not careful.
No, that's what happens if you do it right. :biggrin::angry::tongue:

Not a fan of chrimble pud but I'll eat it at Christmas (if that makes sense). Although Baggy and I have gone for a lighter version with dried apricots. Please, nobody light a match...

Bigtallfatbloke

I used to love it. As a child I would have two portions followed by strawberry trifle! These days I can't eat the stuff...erm...the pud I mean, the trifle often seems more...erm...'festive' to me:biggrin:

Delia Smith's Squidgy Chocolate Log... a real tyre flattener of a puddinggggaa!
Take ten eggs - something like that... but lovely.

"Come on! Let's be 'avin' you!!"

JamesAC

We make our own .. then lace it with lashings of (cheap) spirit of some sort, and set it on fire.

Stuff ourselves stupid, having chomped our way through mountains of roast beef, parsnips, sprouts, carrots etc.

btw, anyone know how to cook roast beef so you can get it both rare(for me) and burnt (for Mrs AC) at the same time?

Cab

JamesAC said:
btw, anyone know how to cook roast beef so you can get it both rare(for me) and burnt (for Mrs AC) at the same time?

Depends what cut of beef you have. What is it, what does it weigh?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
We usually have traditional pud for those that like it, pavlova fruit and cream, and a lemon tart, so folks can choose. I like 'em all, and find it hard to choose, so I have a bit of everything! :rolleyes:

domtyler

Über Member
JamesAC said:
We make our own .. then lace it with lashings of (cheap) spirit of some sort, and set it on fire.

Stuff ourselves stupid, having chomped our way through mountains of roast beef, parsnips, sprouts, carrots etc.

Can't you remove from the oven when still nice and rare and juicy, slice off what you want and then return to the oven to be ruined/incinerated?

Top Bottom