FNRttC Christmas Ride - Olaf's German Christmas Saturday 16th December 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

We've still got sizeable piles of snow in the car park at work in Walthamstow, but that's because that is where the snow plough piled it up.
Everything else has disappeared and, as DT says, the weekend forecast predicts temperatures above 0°C (just).

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dears
Sadly I’m out :-(

I’ve been hoping that I would be able to recover enough energy for this (while the heart is strong, the flesh is week), the last weeks of manic activity (work and personal) mean I really need some down-time in Deal this weekend.
Sad to miss this, love the Christmas ride.

Have fun y’all.
FF

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Dears
Sadly I’m out :-(

I’ve been hoping that I would be able to recover enough energy for this (while the heart is strong, the flesh is week), the last weeks of manic activity (work and personal) mean I really need some down-time in Deal this weekend.
Sad to miss this, love the Christmas ride.

Have fun y’all.
FF
Unlike. You'll be missed. At least you'll see one lovely Dawn though.....;)

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
No rain forecast, but its raining here :sad: If rain persists I might cancel. I had the carbon prepped and ready but ive switched bikes because I know its going to be a damp ride.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
No rain forecast, but its raining here :sad: If rain persists I might cancel. I had the carbon prepped and ready but ive switched bikes because I know its going to be a damp ride.
Rain? We pour scorn on rain!
On my way. Plan to ride up from home aborted, needed to collect the Honda after its engine gremlins were sorted & not ready to go north until gone five. Less time than I'd want for that mileage. Instead, I'm going to ride in from Haslemere....

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Rain? We pour scorn on rain!
On my way. Plan to ride up from home aborted, needed to collect the Honda after its engine gremlins were sorted & not ready to go north until gone five. Less time than I'd want for that mileage. Instead, I'm going to ride in from Haslemere....

50 odd miles before the the actual ride has began. It never ceases to amaze me the distance that some of you folk cover on your bicycles to join a SLR or Fridays ride.

kimble

Veteran
I'm also out: I've been pointedly ignoring lurgy and a low-level asthmatic rattle all day, but it's getting the opposite of better. Being out all night in freezing temperatures isn't going to help my (currently about 50:50) chances of getting through 2017 without a chest infection.

It was always going to be a bit of a gamble, at this time of year. :sad:

frank9755

Cyclist
I wasn't doing the ride but I'd hoped to join you for breakfast but some baby issues mean it's not looking likely I'll make it. Nothing serious, just baby sleeping and feeding problems.
Have a good time, those of you who are out riding.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
My friend and I (Wan Li) are cancelling. ive not been too sure about heading out tonight at all since this morning and it honestly came down to the last 10 mins to decide if we were going to head out or not. We put it to a vote and neither of us really really wanted to go (we actually had a proper phone debate about the virtues of going....)

Sorry we are both cancelling. I hope those that do attend have a fun ride, In the mean time. I'll renew my efforts to get Wan Li to join the fridays and go on other rides with us.

Top Bottom