• Town centre shops

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Out of town Retail Park

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Bah humbug.. I'm not buying any

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Amazon for stuff the kids have asked for and cannot find anywhere except amazon,out of town retail park for most other things because I live out of town next to a retail park and finally town centre when I'm working in the city...so the first 3.

Slick

Guru
Not bah humbug but I've been threatening for years to give the Christmas rush a bye and wait until the sales before treating Mrs Slick. Seems she is agreeable to this suggestion as we are going away for Christmas with family this year where it's still all about the kids and Santa, probably for the last time. Sort the kids out with whatever they need and blast the budget in the sales. :becool:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Online, online, online. I hate shopping on the highstreet, mainly due to pushy salesmen that actually know very little about what they are selling. I would gladly pay the higher mark-up of the highstreet v online if there was any kind of service to back this up but this is sadly not commonly in existence any more.
Have bought lots of stuff this Christmas from a mix of retailer sites, Amazon and ebay.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Most of the family wanted vouchers so I had no option but to visit the shops in question which were all in retail parks - where it's easier to park a bike than a car at this time of year.

Just one online purchase - from an obscure Gary Newman site!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Mainly online.
I dislike crowded streets and pushy shop assistants. I was hoping Waterstones, (a mini oasis on a mid Thursday morning a couple of weeks ago) and an art shop to be visited next week, was going to be the limit of my High Street shopping, but I fear a branch of Thorntons is also going to have to be visited.

The majority of my presents are homemade, so most of those don't apply. :angel:

I make jams, chutneys and traditional Belgian and German biscuits and Lebkuchen.

For the rest, there's the supermarket - beers for my lovely retired farmer neighbour, cheeses for a dear friend (to go with the chutney) and nice biscuits for assorted Christmas boxes for bin men, recycling collectors, postie etc. Mum's gift I spotted in a little boutique in town about a month ago.

Oh, and feline pressies from Zooplus.

Top Bottom