• Town centre shops

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Out of town Retail Park

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Bah humbug.. I'm not buying any

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My pressies this Christmas have been about half from Amazon, and half from town centre shops and a supermarket.
All finished and wrapped now. Cycling buddies cards and presents (bicycle pizza cutters... Shhhhhh) delivered, two by bike and three by car. Only one parcel, to sister for nephews kiddies, Collect+ ed on my way to work earlier.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Forgot to mention, I do visit bricks and mortar stores occasionally, to pick up click & collect items... :laugh:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I haven't had to get loads this year. We got my paretns a weekend away so I just gave my sister half the money as she booked it. The rest was off Amazon or Ebay which I bought last month

vickster

Legendary Member
Ummm...one click and collect (brother), one high street (sil), another high street (my present from parents)
Books for father will come from Tesco. Need to get something for canine niece to destroy.
Mother no idea, probably some slippers from high st.
I’ve not really got into Christmas shopping yet this year :laugh:

Freds Dad

Veteran
All mine will from locally owned shops and The Treacle Market in Macclesfield https://www.treaclemarket.co.uk . I support our local traders as they support local charities and employ local people unlike the online giants.

As my kids are either saving up for their first house purchase or have just purchased I have asked that they don't buy me or my partner anything this year but put the money into their savings. I've given them the option of money or a gift from us.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not bah humbug but I've been threatening for years to give the Christmas rush a bye and wait until the sales before treating Mrs Slick. Seems she is agreeable to this suggestion as we are going away for Christmas with family this year where it's still all about the kids and Santa, probably for the last time. Sort the kids out with whatever they need and blast the budget in the sales. :becool:
I hate to be the one to tell you BUT Santa isn't real.
Please dont be upset by this and try to enjoy wherever you are going :rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member
We are not big into christmas so not too many prezzies to worry about. Grandkids want money, as does daughter to help her business venture (my £1.50 should help:rolleyes::rolleyes:)
But in answer, any actual gifts have been shop bought

MarkF

Guru
I tried online xmas shopping a few years ago, it was so stressful, missed deliveries, wrong goods, missing parcels, parcels stuck at missing neighbours, what a load of cack.

Going to Leeds Saturday afternoon with a large sports bag, a couple of hours later it'll be all done & I'll be sat In Whitelocks feeling smug.:okay:

CharlesF

Guru
For the adults we do a Secret Santa with suggestions/wished limited to £40.

The two granddaughters get money in their savings accounts as they have far too much stuff from the other side of the family.

postman

Legendary Member
eBAY and my pressies to myself are.Two Worship music cd's,dvd War Horse i am looking forward to watching that,and season 9 of M+A+S+H 4077th,i have now got the full set.:smile:

Top Bottom