Christmas Tree real or fake ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've also got curly willow, which sometimes makes an appearance as part of the christmas decorations. Living on the edge of a small wood, I have access to all sorts; holly, ivy, assorted conifer and deciduous stuff. I usually fill up a big vase of greenery and twigs for the dining room. And always ash logs on Xmas day - ash is the original yule log. :smile:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Last few yrs we brought a rootball tree at considerable cost.
Planted them and they all died within 6 months.

Back to fake this year and probably re-use for 10 yr or however long it lasts.

Cost 50 quid so we'll save a fortune in the yrs ahead.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We have used an artificial tree for several years.

Last year we bought a real tree which we kept in a pot outside the front door. We have kept it outdoors since then and I am considering bringing it inside this year as it has a really good shape.

My wife is worried that this will bring bugs/insects indoors. Is this likely?
Yes, in the tree and in the soil but no worse then what's living there all the time!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We have a 4ft real one in the front garden that seems to have taken well. Last time we tried, the tree died after a couple of years - got infested with bugs, and nothing we did could help it. Normally just get the fake one out as it takes up much less room than the real ones. The fake one we've had over 20 years.

We had a real one last year - very messy. The fake one has already been on the floor, even before it was fully assembled. Not a chance with 5 cats, 4 of which are 2 years or younger. 👅

We had a real one last year - very messy. The fake one has already been on the floor, even before it was fully assembled. Not a chance with 5 cats, 4 of which are 2 years or younger. 👅

Which is why I have a little 2 ft one that goes on a table, out of reach of both furry madams. Here it's not the tree that causes problems, but the decorations - they are the world's best cat toys apparently. But if the tree is out of casual reach, Poppy & Lexi ignore it.

A previous cat used to ignore the decorations, but chew the tree. :laugh:

Top Bottom