Christmas Tree Shopping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
For at least the past 10 years we have always had real trees, and buy them from our local grower, Maurice Mandry. Generally it's a PITA that takes at least an hour to find one that is the right shape, not too spikey, not too tall, but tall enough, and has to be the right shade of green. By the time you tick all the boxes you end up with a £40 tree:ohmy:
But, last year we found the rejects section, and came home with a tree that was too big and rather lopsided, but at half the price and we liked it.
So this morning we went straight to the rejects, first one we picked out was spot on and the manky bit is hidden in the corner:smile: £20 well spent for the smiles from SWMBO and the kids. And of course, now the tree is up, we can have Christmas music on too. The joy of it all...

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It's only the 8th December you know :rolleyes:

:whistle: :laugh:

Julia9054

Guru
I'm not having one this year. There are no children in the family and i am going on holiday on Christmas Eve so it's a logical decision. I have surprised myself with how much I am struggling with the concept of no tree!

classic33

Leg End Member
Last real tree was got for nothing other than the cost of cutting it down and lugging it home.

Benefit of living near suitable places.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Had a look today at a few,then got the artificial one down from the loft for this year.
No one's coming to us this year so not a lot of point.

Saved £40 instead, ill miss the smell but that's about it.

BSOh

Über Member
I know, normally I'd leave it for at least another week or 2 but I'm working all weekends between now and the 25th^_^

I did the same today for the same reasons. Prob a week early for us, but needs must, no day off now until xmas day. But at least I won't have time to go shopping more than once or twice. I do tend to go over the top with xmas when I have time to.

[QUOTE 5464710, member: 9609"]Really ?

Latest fad seems to be, buy an artificial plastic tree complete with decorations and bin it off come January, this don't sound[/QUOTE]
That would be bad but it wasn’t what I meant. Buy an artificial and use it year on year.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
That would be bad but it wasn’t what I meant. Buy an artificial and use it year on year.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....or-fake-christmas-trees-better-for-the-planet

As so often, the Guardian will tell you what to think. And it will tell you that you're wrong.

Find a local grower, compost it afterwards, and the real tree is carbon negative. Our grower is a mile away.

(Edit)

http://www.pickyourownchristmastree...hesham&URL=http://www.christmastreefarm.co.uk

Our local one is even on the tube network, and is probably also the local farm for many of those misguided souls who live in the smog castle of central London.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
It would take about 12 years of re-use to make it as 'green' as a real one sourced locally which was incinerated after use. And that's before you consider the fact that it will be landfill...

Top Bottom