Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

Oh dear my ex mentioned the dreaded word to the children on the way home tonight. My 11 year old has been sobbing his heart out since he's been home and I know how he feels. Why couldn't he just leave it till nearer the time surely no one needs to make arrangements already. Humbug though it may be I wish it could all bypass me. It's not the same anymore and I can't pretend it is.

Someone should invent a talk to yourself thread just so no one has to read our rants!

Young Un

Sorry to hear that Willow.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
:biggrin: Sorry Willow. You may have a good one after all but in a different way? It does smack a bit of insensitive.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Yup, I got the same question from my ex the other day in front of Miss tdr1nka who immediately got upset.
Her Mother and I split nearly six years ago and she does this every year.:biggrin:

Kovu

Über Member
Sorry about that Willow. Same at my end sadly, family never mets for christmas now, arguements that shouldn't happen. :biggrin:

OP
OP
W

Willow

tdr1nka said:
Yup, I got the same question from my ex the other day in front of Miss tdr1nka who immediately got upset.
Her Mother and I split nearly six years ago and she does this every year.:biggrin:

The sad thing is I am prepared to cook for us all including she who stole my husband because I want the boys to have mum and dad together Christmas day - he will say it isn't right to do that. If you saw us together at school/football matches etc you would think we are still married it's all so civilised it's bizarre so there is no reason why we can't make the effort for the children.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
That's a lot to undertake Willow and there aren't many who could fault you for your efforts. If you and she wot stole your husband are happy with such an arrangement there should be no problem.

Forgive me for asking but do I guess she isn't there when you meet your ex at school, etc?
My guess is that he's scared that if she sees you and him getting along she might get funny about it. That's why he'll be different(relaxes)when she's not around.

gavintc

Guru
As a divorced Dad, I do not often my kids for Christmas. I am not that bothered. So, we agree an alternate Christmas Day, complete with presents, stockings - the full monty. The kids love it, and the best thing about it - the shops are still open, if you need any last minute things; batteries, milk, etc. The kids will play along - it is actually really good fun.

Kovu

Über Member
gavintc said:
As a divorced Dad, I do not often my kids for Christmas. I am not that bothered. So, we agree an alternate Christmas Day, complete with presents, stockings - the full monty. The kids love it, and the best thing about it - the shops are still open, if you need any last minute things; batteries, milk, etc. The kids will play along - it is actually really good fun.

It sounds like you lot have fun on Christmas day? :biggrin:;) That's nice.

If Xmas is not the same then do Xmas different. Go away somewhere for Xmas it might just take all the associated pressures off.

spandex

I love Dr D
I know what your saying Willow and tdr1nka I don't know how to tell my Ex that I'm not going to be there for Xmas as I'm going to be spending it with some friends down south. The thing is Xmas day for me is going round to her house seeing and giving the kids there things have a coffee and that's it she wont's me out.

OP
OP
W

Willow

tdr1nka said:
That's a lot to undertake Willow and there aren't many who could fault you for your efforts. If you and she wot stole your husband are happy with such an arrangement there should be no problem.

Forgive me for asking but do I guess she isn't there when you meet your ex at school, etc?
My guess is that he's scared that if she sees you and him getting along she might get funny about it. That's why he'll be different(relaxes)when she's not around.

No she comes to the odd football match etc and I'm not happy about it but won't give them the satisfaction of being angry in front of them. I have behaved with dignity throughout and will continue to do so for the sake of the children and to know that the only thing I can be accused of was not making him happy - why I will never know but there's another story.

OP
OP
W

Willow

spandex said:
I know what your saying Willow and tdr1nka I don't know how to tell my Ex that I'm not going to be there for Xmas as I'm going to be spending it with some friends down south. The thing is Xmas day for me is going round to her house seeing and giving the kids there things have a coffee and that's it she wont's me out.

Opposite to me then I want him there! I tried to do Christmas on christmas eve last year but it just didn't work as someone was missing. Christmas day I went to visit my aunt in hopsital and who should I meet as I was going in - my brother we live 80 miles apart - he hates christmas and was there to get out of the family celebrations!

OP
OP
W

Willow

I just thought as we are all cycling now the weather may be kind and we can go off on the bikes and have a christmas picnic.

Top Bottom