Christophe Bassons : charged and banned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Orbytal

How old are you? Just as a matter of interest...

I see you have no intention of finding out what my post was actually about. I suggest that you use your time and effort to do so and make constructive comments instead of erroneous ones you have. It would make far more sense and for a better discussion.

You could however start a separate Thread about who should be able to post on here, what you find acceptable as a credible post/poster and of course how old everyone is. That at least allows erroneous comments to be separated from relative ones.

At the moment I am left thinking why would I or anyone else wish to indulge in answering your questions when you cannot be bothered to do the same in return? That's not a cruel comment it is based on what you are posting!

PpPete

Legendary Member
On the other hand you could answer questions in a civil manner instead of just accusing those who post them of being lazy and stupid.
FWIW I did look back through your posts to find some reference that I had missed (and that presumably that Rich P had ignored).... but I didn't find one, hence the question in my first post on this thread.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I see you have no intention of finding out what my post was actually about.

If it was just one person found you rude and rather incomprehensible, you might have some grounds for accusing them of misunderstanding, but instead there are quite a few. This does tend to suggest it is actually your problem, whether you see it or not.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
some reference

Intriguing reference to the comment by Charles de Gaulle (CdG) about Jacques Anquentil (JA) - this is mentioned in the Wikipedia entry for JA attributed to a report in L'Equipe in 1994

"Doping, what doping - didn't he make them play the Marseillaise abroad?"

Implied acceptance of PED use "at the top" - though not at the top of Cycling of course and superceded by no doubt some more recent rules and regulations perhaps

Orbytal

Intriguing reference to the comment by Charles de Gaulle (CdG) about Jacques Anquentil (JA) - this is mentioned in the Wikipedia entry for JA attributed to a report in L'Equipe in 1994
"Doping, what doping - didn't he make them play the Marseillaise abroad?"

Implied acceptance of PED use "at the top" - though not at the top of Cycling of course and superceded by no doubt some more recent rules and regulations perhaps

Thank you for taking time to look at what has been posted and making comments on it, very much appreciated.

WRT to JA himself his own admission of doping goes back to the French Minister for Sport for his own admission to doping which could be taken as the top of French Cycling with his image and influence at the time.

When one of the world’s top leaders endorses a win at all costs attitude including the acceptance for doping it should make people sit up and notice.

How would people feel if Cameron said the same before the Olympics or Obama?

Sometimes it is not just the immediate issue that needs to be overcome but the universal message being offered by those in Power!

I hope the alignment for the context of the original post now makes more sense and why the returned comments were taking as missing the mark by some way.

On the progress of doping advancements have been made but not as fast as the doping strategies. The largest anti-doping regime ever conducted in the world took place in London and 4 positive tests were revealed. The man in charge when applauded for his efforts just said we are years behind the dopers.

The good fight must continue and anyone caught should receive whatever the set down sanctions are. We should never lose sight however that Cycling has a far more rigorous testing regime than virtually any other Sport.

Orbytal

If it was just one person found you rude and rather incomprehensible, you might have some grounds for accusing them of misunderstanding, but instead there are quite a few. This does tend to suggest it is actually your problem, whether you see it or not.

I look forward to your post when you have something cogent and relevant to say.

tadpole

It's not even ironic - it's crazy .... :wacko:

... or maybe someone has used the opportunity to get back at him and discredit him. :evil:

What a sad, sorry mess. :cry:
Or he knew he was going to be tested, and thought a DNF would prevent the need to give a sample...

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Or he knew he was going to be tested, and thought a DNF would prevent the need to give a sample...
Worth reading inrng's write up.

tadpole

When the writer said "almost impossible to imagine Bassons skipped the test out of precaution or fear of testing positive" No it is not, it's the first thing I thought.
AS for the ban, Break the rule, pay the price
He must have known: that
a, there was a chance he'd be picked, and
b, the result if he was picked and not able to produce a sample in the required manner.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
When the writer said "almost impossible to imagine Bassons skipped the test out of precaution or fear of testing positive" No it is not, it's the first thing I thought.
AS for the ban, Break the rule, pay the price
He must have known: that
a, there was a chance he'd be picked, and
b, the result if he was picked and not able to produce a sample in the required manner.
Do you know the story of Christopher Bassons regarding being bullied out of the Tour de France and professional cycling by Lance Armstrong for not doping ?
I find it incomprehensible that he would take drugs in a minor amateur race.

You are entitled to your own considered opinion.

tadpole

Do you know the story of Christopher Bassons regarding being bullied out of the Tour de France and professional cycling by Lance Armstrong for not doping ?
I find it incomprehensible that he would take drugs in a minor amateur race.

You are entitled to your own considered opinion.
Yes I was aware of the Mr Clean Image, just as I am aware that Lance has never tested positive.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
No-one is suggesting that Bassons isn't entirely prepared to accept the penalty - he acknowledges his error and he took the appropriate punishment, which was the miminum he could have been given under the regulations even accepting that it was the result of an error. It's all a little ironic, but that's really it, isn't it?

Orbytal

No-one is suggesting that Bassons isn't entirely prepared to accept the penalty - he acknowledges his error and he took the appropriate punishment, which was the miminum he could have been given under the regulations even accepting that it was the result of an error. It's all a little ironic, but that's really it, isn't it?

WADC Rules state every athlete is responsible for everything that enters their body. They also clearly state what is required of an athlete with respect to doping controls. Get any of them wrong and you are treated as if you doped anyway, hence the punishment.

A top professional athlete, an Elite Athlete, who lives and breaths the rules just got it wrong? Not something I can believe!

If you want to be Mr Clean it goes beyond testing, just ask LA about that one.

Top Bottom