Chumbawamba are...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
They're rather revolutionary left wing for my taste. They used to sell a T-shirt with shot dead Afrikaans from the Afrikaner resistance movements. They're a good live band though, with a lot of good songs.

U

User482

PaulB said:
I'm ordering that one and can honestly say that the great day Thatcher passes away will see me open the champagne and follow Elvis Costello's good advice to 'Tramp the dirt down'.

You're commemerating a death with champagne? Nice.

PaulB

Legendary Member
User482 said:
You're commemerating a death with champagne? Nice.

Thatcher's death, yes, you bet. There'll be parties round here, I can assure you of that. Oh happy day.

Danny

Legendary Member
User482 said:
I've always loathed them, but that might be due to the ridiculous amount of airtime all the radio stations gave to Tubthumping.
Tubthumping was cr*p and part of an ill-fated attempt to become a chart band.

They have learnt their lessons and reverted to their folk-like roots. I'd highly recommend them even if you don't agree with their politics.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
+1 to that

Danny said:

They have learnt their lessons and reverted to their folk-like roots. I'd highly recommend them even if you don't agree with their politics.

U

User482

PaulB said:
Thatcher's death, yes, you bet. There'll be parties round here, I can assure you of that. Oh happy day.

I won't mourn her passing, but celebrating her death is pretty sick.

U

User482

Danny said:

Interesting, thanks - I'll check out some of their stuff. Their politics was much less of an issue than Tubthumping!

PaulB

Legendary Member
User482 said:
I won't mourn her passing, but celebrating her death is pretty sick.

No it's not, it's great. Look how she celebrated the deaths of Argentinians sailing AWAY from the exclusion zone around the Falklands. Look at the way she celebrated the death of the mining industry and countless communities in the north. Look at the way she celebrated the death of 'society'. Look at the criminality of the hideous bitch in how low she stooped during the miners' strike. No, champagne for me and a load more I know. Nothing sick about toasting the passing away of that canker.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
PaulB said:
No it's not, it's great. Look how she celebrated the deaths of Argentinians sailing AWAY from the exclusion zone around the Falklands. Look at the way she celebrated the death of the mining industry and countless communities in the north. Look at the way she celebrated the death of 'society'. Look at the criminality of the hideous bitch in how low she stooped during the miners' strike. No, champagne for me and a load more I know. Nothing sick about toasting the passing away of that canker.
The celebrations after the sinking of the Belgrano was by The Sun. Please post links to how she celebrated all these events. The criminality during the miner's strike was from Scargill who refused to hold a ballot as the law required.

Let's not turn it otnp a full onThatcher thread or I'll start on British and American "interventions" on her watch and someone can compare to other instances under other govenments with either party in charge and on it goes.....

I was totally put off them by tubthumping but could see they put their money where their mouth was when they donated the money from GM all those years ago.

I will check them out now. Thanks.

PaulB

Legendary Member
mr_cellophane said:
The celebrations after the sinking of the Belgrano was by The Sun. Please post links to how she celebrated all these events. The criminality during the miner's strike was from Scargill who refused to hold a ballot as the law required.

No, you are completely wrong. She told us we should 'rejoice' or did you miss that?

And Arthur Scargill was, quite literally, the only law-abiding person of all the major players in that disgraceful criminality Thatcher and her evil henchmen carried out. Do you really not know anything about this or are you going off tory propaganda? I seriously recommend you to avail yourself of the documented truth on this issue by reading this. http://rwillmsen.livejournal.com/31493.html You, in particular, owe it to yourself.

PaulB

Legendary Member
mr_cellophane said:
She told us to rejoice at the recapture of South Georgia

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGxsLbK9F0A

Any other instances are just figments of your vivid imagination. BTW the sinking of the Belgrano happened 5 days after this.

There's numerous. Here's one of the very many that can be found and those are on top of retaining the memory of her actually saying it specifically about the killing of 1200 Argentine naval personnel. Or once again, have you conveniently forgotten this? http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=179389

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
PaulB said:
There's numerous. Here's one of the very many that can be found and those are on top of retaining the memory of her actually saying it specifically about the killing of 1200 Argentine naval personnel. Or once again, have you conveniently forgotten this? http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=179389

I am sure she didn't ask for the 50p coin to be minted. If any did, that would be the government at the time, who is 2007 was ?
I am sure if she did say "rejoice" about the sinking of the Belgrano that there would be a youtube clip of it. How can I forget something which never happened ?

Top Bottom