Cinelli question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran

Tin Pot

Guru
I know this is going to be down to is it or is it not worth the effort but the seller of this bike (which l like the look of more than a little) is only interested in personal collection at the moment. Unfortunately l live about 900 k south of him. so my question . does anyone think the bike is worth a bit of effort or should l move on and forget it. http://www.ebay.fr/itm/232286512678?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T:cuppa:

You mean Chesini, not Cinelli.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I know this is going to be down to is it or is it not worth the effort but the seller of this bike (which l like the look of more than a little) is only interested in personal collection at the moment. Unfortunately l live about 900 k south of him. so my question . does anyone think the bike is worth a bit of effort or should l move on and forget it. http://www.ebay.fr/itm/232286512678?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T:cuppa:
OK its early in the day l meant CHESINI
You mean Chesini, not Cinelli.
Yep l did !

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
i would pay 120 euros but i wouldnt travel 900km for it
my feeling exactly, the seller seems slightly vague about the whole thing. I asked for the frame dimensions and he replied asking me how he should measure it ! Also the photographs don't do the bike justice, for example why not show the drive side because l am fairly sure it should be Campagnolo chain set and derailleurs front and rear. I can see that the callipers are campag. I will pester him again for more details and if all is as it should be l will offer his price as long as l can persuade him to post the thing (obviously at my expense)

Drago

Legendary Member
900 kliks at 77 miles to the ounce...

Seriously, its suggest to cost and time of going to get probably outweigh its worth, unless you get a real diamond cutter for it.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
900 kliks at 77 miles to the ounce...

Seriously, its suggest to cost and time of going to get probably outweigh its worth, unless you get a real diamond cutter for it.
l am not going that far north for anyone, its too cold for a start. l will see if it is unsold at the end of 6 or 7 days and then make an offer dependent upon it being delivered by courier. lf it finds a buyer in the meantime .....l move on to the next victim :cuppa:

Top Bottom