Circuit of Kent Cyclo Sportive 13th Sep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Thought I would repost as its closer to the date now, anyone planning on doing this http://www.kentcyclosportive.co.uk/

I am doing the 140k loop with a few colleagues from work, although they are likely to melt it off at 20mph + averages! :wacko:

As long as I do it at 15mph or more will be happy!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
That looks good actually, I haven't done any social rides at all this Year.

I suspect we'll be busy on that date but if not I may well be up for that. Would be nice to have something to commit too.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Keep meaning to get over to sevenoaks and do a recce of the last few miles of climbs as apparently it's a peach!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Wigsie said:
not really sure, the boss knows the route...there is a sort of map on the website.

hmmm, I'll have to look into that, it's not really clear on the map. I imagine that a few SFACC riders will be doing that one.
I must admit I'm not up to Ide Hill standard yet, I get breathless just driving up the thing ;)

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Panter said:
hmmm, I'll have to look into that, it's not really clear on the map. I imagine that a few SFACC riders will be doing that one.
I must admit I'm not up to Ide Hill standard yet, I get breathless just driving up the thing :smile:

We can hold hands and take a windy walk up it after 130K's :tongue: :biggrin:

Must admit I don't really know either, just that I have been told that its a real tester. oh well I figured I am going to be hurting so much after 130k that the last few monumental climbs I can just pootle up. :cheers:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Wigsie said:
We can hold hands and take a windy walk up it after 130K's ;) :laugh:

Must admit I don't really know either, just that I have been told that its a real tester. oh well I figured I am going to be hurting so much after 130k that the last few monumental climbs I can just pootle up. :blush:

If it's described as a real tester, it probably does take in Ide hill.

I'm not sure I could crawl up it after 130K's let alone walk :blush: :laugh:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I know Firemansimon is doing the shorter loop and no amount of mocking and jeering has convinced him otherwise.

So he can get the stretchers, beer and round up a couple of massage therapists ready for our post ascent treatments!

DannyB

The route incorporates One Tree Hill climb from Underiver to Sevenoaks Prep School which is the finish. It's very steep and has several kicks, the first up to Underiver, then a short down hill through the town then another kick out of the town until a very short, 20m flat and then a final long steep section that just gets steeper and steeper! Just what you want after 130km + in the saddle:laugh:

DannyB

Just as a indication of the hill, it's steeper than Ide hill, probably as steep as Toys Hill's steeper sections but the steeper sections are longer.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
DannyB said:
The route incorporates One Tree Hill climb from Underiver to Sevenoaks Prep School which is the finish. It's very steep and has several kicks, the first up to Underiver, then a short down hill through the town then another kick out of the town until a very short, 20m flat and then a final long steep section that just gets steeper and steeper! Just what you want after 130km + in the saddle:laugh:

DannyB said:
Just as a indication of the hill, it's steeper than Ide hill, probably as steep as Toys Hill's steeper sections but the steeper sections are longer.

Hmmmm, thanks DannyB.

Have fun Wigsie :smile: :smile:

Top Bottom