Citruline Malate; a proven endurance supplement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Looking around for something to offset muscle tiredness during long rides, I came across information on Citruline Malate. It has a very straightforward source - the skins or shells of watermelons - and one notable side effect! Let's just say if this product could be patented, it would be owned by a big pharma company and the world would know of its benefits!

I'd recommend anybody looking for a good nutritional supplement to look in to all the available clinical data on this before embarking on trying it but I haven't found any negative studies but lots of positive ones and most seem to carry statistical significance.

Driven forward by the interests of the body-building fraternity, it was found to confer great actual benefits in delaying muscle soreness or tiredness so met with great acceptance.

I'd recommend Examine.com as an independent website looking into the claims of all such products where you'll see its overall profile; And it's a good one!

As for one notable side effect, if this compound was owned by let's say Pfizer, it would be promoted by all their financial clout and probably advertised by Pele!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
So that cyclist sought for riding around looking a bit exited has been taking it?

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
So that cyclist sought for riding around looking a bit exited has been taking it?
Hadn't thought of that! There's apparently some doubt as to whether he actually exists but if he does and gets caught, he could probably use this in his defence!

Top Bottom