City Cycling skills.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
You should build it on a wiki, so we can all edit and contribute collaboratively.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
benb said:
You should build it on a wiki, so we can all edit and contribute collaboratively.

great idea...hmmmmmm

jimboalee

Item 11.

Never slipstream a JCB in the wet. You don’t see white paint or manhole covers until the last moment, and the spray from its tyres in the turbulance is filthy.

jimboalee

Don't get distracted by poster adverts.

I saw the Sky TV one which says "50 million believers".

Someone had sprayed on it "49,999,999 idiots".

benb

Evidence based cyclist
dondare said:
As far as I'm concerned, some risks are worth taking. I look.

Look, but don't get too distracted. I did see someone walk into a lamp-post because they were ogling someone. It would be embarrassing to come off your bike for such a reason.

adds21

Rider of bikes
jimboalee said:
Never follow a twin wheel skip truck that has a halfbrick jammed between its tyres.

That is a really good point. I never follow a twin wheel vehicle inline with the wheels since a friend of mine was very nearly killed (on a motorbike) from a brick being flung back at him. I'd rather take primary, or hug the gutter if behind one.

jimboalee

So in conclusion, it's OK to be a 'rubbernecker'.

Put Cyclecraft and any other cycling safety advice manuals in Room 101.

"Eyeball the honies and be a fender bender". Forget the whole 'City cycling skills' idea.

dondare

Über Member
jimboalee said:
So in conclusion, it's OK to be a 'rubbernecker'.

Put Cyclecraft and any other cycling safety advice manuals in Room 101.

"Eyeball the honies and be a fender bender". Forget the whole 'City cycling skills' idea.

Rubbernecker? Oh no, that term refers to people who ogle accidents. Now that is perverse.
But looking at fit girls/boys is such a primal urge that it cannot be denied. And don't forget that motorists will be doing it too, and even that as a cyclist it might be your pert butt that is distracting them.

jimboalee

dondare said:
Rubbernecker? Oh no, that term refers to people who ogle accidents. Now that is perverse.
But looking at fit girls/boys is such a primal urge that it cannot be denied. And don't forget that motorists will be doing it too, and even that as a cyclist it might be your pert butt that is distracting them.

Take another look in your 1979 copy of "CBers Dictionary",,, :smile: