City Jets on my old Carrera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
The CityJets have just arrived, so I quickly fitted them along with a pair of thinner tubes.

Have to wait for some deliveries but will take them for a spin later :tongue:

10dyt0y.jpg

e-rider

crappy member
A classic 1994 Carrera. The city jets will improve the ride over tractor tyres but do little to improve the look IMO.

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
tundragumski said:
A classic 1994 Carrera. The city jets will improve the ride over tractor tyres but do little to improve the look IMO.

As far as looks go, theres very little hope for that bike lolol - Its nice enough to ride though ;)

Helly79

AndyCarolan said:
The CityJets have just arrived, so I quickly fitted them along with a pair of thinner tubes.

Have to wait for some deliveries but will take them for a spin later ;)

10dyt0y.jpg

hee hee
Thats my old bike which I brought back in 1994 with my first amount of saving from my old saturday Job, it nice to see that its still being used

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Helly79 said:
hee hee
Thats my old bike which I brought back in 1994 with my first amount of saving from my old saturday Job, it nice to see that its still being used

Well I dont want to inherit your current bike, its too darn small ;)

e-rider

crappy member
Looks like I got the year correct then - knew it was somewhere between 93-95

What's the name on the top tube? It's not a 'mission' is it?

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
tundragumski said:
Looks like I got the year correct then - knew it was somewhere between 93-95

What's the name on the top tube? It's not a 'mission' is it?

I just went to take a look and its a "Maxima" :wacko:

brokenbetty

Über Member
AndyCarolan said:
As far as looks go, theres very little hope for that bike lolol - Its nice enough to ride though :smile:

I dunno - I think 90s no-suss mountain bikes are going to be the next trend after utility / dutch bikes are finished...I think we'll start to notice there's more of them around in 2012 and the full blown trend is going to peak about 2015.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
lol got one of these in my garage, my son in herited it from the Mrs, just put new trigger shifters on it. Not a classic but he`s happy, will do him till xmas :smile:

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
brokenbetty said:
I dunno - I think 90s no-suss mountain bikes are going to be the next trend after utility / dutch bikes are finished...I think we'll start to notice there's more of them around in 2012 and the full blown trend is going to peak about 2015.

ROFL - not sure about that, but im actually really happy with the bike. Although solid, the frame is in the kind of shape you would imagine... I'm considering getting it powder coated over the winter perhaps.

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
MrGrumpy said:
lol got one of these in my garage, my son in herited it from the Mrs, just put new trigger shifters on it. Not a classic but he`s happy, will do him till xmas :biggrin:

Well, ive considered buying a new bike for myself, but as this is in such good order, I think I will stick with it for now :smile:

Top Bottom