City Link (one of the wiggle couriers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
City Link's depot is only about four miles away from where I live. Last time I got home to find a card (a couple of years ago now), I went to the depot that same evening (about 6pm) and collected it.

I would say that is better than Royal mail whose delivery office used to only be open from about 8:30 till 1pm, and you had to wait at least 24 hours. Though my local royal mail office has recently introduced longer opening hours.

City Link's depot is only about four miles away from where I live. Last time I got home to find a card (a couple of years ago now), I went to the depot that same evening (about 6pm) and collected it.

I would say that is better than Royal mail whose delivery office used to only be open from about 8:30 till 1pm, and you had to wait at least 24 hours. Though my local royal mail office has recently introduced longer opening hours.

I had this with City Link and Wiggle.

Got card, so phoned and arranged to pick up (extra 8 miles on commute home), got there and told that as I hadn't contacted them it wasout for delivery, so arranged a second pickup the following evening.....guess what,again no record and out on van.

Final try to be told that as they couldn't deliver and I had made no attempt to contact them it was being returned to sender.

... and sadly I had now cycled past Wiggle 6 times!

buggi

Bird Saviour
Don't even get me started on Sh*tty Link!! GRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr can feel my blood boil already

By comparison, Royal Mail exceeded themselves in the same week ! i would prefer Royal Mail anyday.

Svendo

Guru
Had a few things arrive via citylink. The driver that does my area is great, he's tried three times in a day to deliver stuff. Once I saw the van turn into my road as I set out on a ride, and wondered 'is that for me?' when I got home a few hours later turned out it was and I stomped round the house and rang the call centre in a righteous fury to rearrange delivery then bitch and moan about it. Before I got through, knock on the door and the bloke had come back a second time, as he was in the area still and thought he'd try again. I was so happy, I think he still delivers for them in the Rochdale area as I'm sure I've recognised him in the area. If the driver wasn't ace I would really hate it as the depots miles away and I don't have a car. The Royal Mail sorting office is a five minute walk up the road.

Not as bad as the Hermes self-employed person in their own car courier who didn't put their number on the card so ended up wasting everyone's time trying to redeliver twice when I wasn't in and then left oit with neighbour.

OP
OP
S

spriag

I went to pick it up from the airport today (weird considering the first excuse was that they couldn't get it on a ferry). The excuse du jour was that it had been held up by customs for a week. Ok thats slightly more understandable.

What really grills me is I recieved no email regarding this plus none of my 20 offpeak calls were ever answered.

Glover Fan

I appreciate this thread is fairly old, but I had used City Link plenty of times in the past with no issue, but last week I had my first issue.

Ordered some mudguards from Wiggle, sent through City Link, no bother I thought.

Tracked my order and saw it was being delivered that day, got home. No card on the mat so assumed excitedly that I will be in when the delivery finally comes.

6 hours later and 20:00 hours, no delivery. Check tracking facility, still out on van for delivery.

Went to bed, woke up next day, still apparently in the van. Checked again 2 hours later and apparently it is now "in the network" i.e at the depot.

I was rather irked because it was a really poor show that nobody even left a card through my door. Where I live the nearest depot is in Patchway so only about 4 miles away, but when I used to live in South Somerset I used to have to make a 80 mile round trip to Exeter to collect a parcel.

Out of all the couriers, they are probably second worst, with UPS being the worst, all their staff are grumpy idiots.

Top Bottom