City Link (one of the wiggle couriers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spriag

Man am I unhappy with these chaps.

Ordered some shoes and a tyre 14th Dec and sent out with these people on the 15th. The 6th of Jan now and still no sign. Admittedly I live in the Channel Islands but this isn't the best excuse considering there's been no snow here and ferries/planes running regularily.

Meanwhile my much later orders from edinburghbicycle and chain reaction have all arrived (much larger items too)

The customer service is even worse. Have called again and again at off peak times but get told that it's too busy and am disconnected (hell I'd even settle for being put on hold).

Rang wiggle after some digging to find their numbers and there excuse was 'The ferries weren't running and there was a backlog.' Hm. There are around 3 ferries a day and they certainly were running for most of December.

Sorry for the rant but Wiggle have really let me down on delivery, not to mention CRC/the others are normally cheaper.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You can request for your Wiggle orders to be sent via Royal Mail.
I have done this now for years and Wiggle have always complied.

subaqua

What’s the point
Sh***y Link are truly awful. I resorted to sitting in the hallway by the letterbox and caught the driver popping a "you were out" card through. I opened the door and the look on his face was priceless. Hmmm maybe i should get a helmet cam :smile:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
They are so crap. I understand they're well regarded for business-business courier work, but for domestic deliveries they are truly awful.

I've heard loads of bad stuff about City Link. I've had a few things sent to me via City Link over the last few years and haven't had any problems.

Same here, I buy a lot of stuff on line mostly cycling related. I have had it delivered by both CityLink and Royal Mail.
City Link are the best of the two IMHO.

I guess its like all things in life there's bad elements within. I've not used them much but when I have, I can't complain however. At my old job I always got wiggle parcels delivered to the office and they handled that well enough. When my Garmin failed and Garmin sent me a replacement, however they couriered it to my flat. I was a bit dissappointed to get into one of the sorry we missed you (I'd been tracking it on line so I knew I'd missed them by 1/2 hour). I rung
their dispatch office to arrange redelivery and explain that day was the most convenient for me and they redelivered it a couple of hours later :thumbsup:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
You can request for your Wiggle orders to be sent via Royal Mail.
I have done this now for years and Wiggle have always complied.

I didn't know that. Useful.

I'm not going to start ranting about City Link...

Couriers as a whole though are so limited, the majority of times I end up sending stuff back as undeliverable

Last was set of lights which despite requesting Royal MAil was sent via a Courier

Letter through letterbox, so phone and can't get through.... so can't prevent second delivery

Phone and told that , they can't deliver to a separate address.If I want and evening delivery that will cost, but "evening" is after 12:00. Weekend will be even more expensive (£15 more) so that makes the purchase uncompetitive as original purchase (including p&p) was £20

Despite being requested not to there is a third delivery, so any further delivery is also chargeable

Depot is 35 miles away and I can't make in an evening after work, so that is no option.

Not open at weekend so can't do that either.

Hence I cannot get hold of my delivery, and ask for it to be returned, and a refund claimed.

I do not buy from companies that use couriers

Norm

I have not once received an item at home via Sh**ty Stink.

I was fortunate as I used to pass their local depot when I worked in Amersham but I now don't have to travel within 12 miles of the place so we just make sure that we don't but stuff from people who use them. Anything that does get attempted by them will just get returned to sender for a full refund and I'll buy it elsewhere.

Friends don't let friends use City Link.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I won't buy from anyone that uses City Link, it just isn't worth the aggravation. In Crewe at least, Royal Mail are far superior to any courier service I've used.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
City Link guy on Christmas Eve "you're so lucky to get this from John Lewis. We've given up delivering stuff for Amazon and there are thousands of parcels at the depot and it will take weeks to cover the backlog."

outstanding.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Oh sod it.

Pretty much every time City Link try to deliver something I have to ride 10 miles to their depot to pick it up. Maybe I should praise them for the extra training, I won't though because sometimes I get there and they haven't got my parcel. I still get the extra miles though so um... It would be annoying if I had to drive over there... right?

At one point their calling cards had the wrong phone number on, not that it was difficult to look it up. So I call, arrange to pick up that evening, ride over to find they've returned my parcel to the sender. Grumble. Nice ride though, that was a summer evening.

Top Bottom