Wiggle. What a let down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I haven't used the services of Wiggle too frequently in the past but after the latest shenanigans I'm having with them, that will drop to zero!

It was my cycling son's birthday on the 11th November so finding the exact item I knew he wanted (Castelli bib shorts) at a seemingly better price on Wiggle, I made the mistake of ordering them. That was on 3rd November to be sure we'd receive them on time. Today, it's the 19th - so eight days BEYOND my son's birthday and sixteen days after ordering - and they still haven't arrived! They were trying to blame the couriers so I contacted Hermes but they've emailed to say I have to contact Wiggle, so I did but they haven't bothered responding!

Slightly worried I wouldn't receive them in time, I went into a branch of Decathlon to but some back-up cycling items, reasoning that if the bib shorts didn't arrive, I'd have a fall-back present and if they did arrive, I'd use the gloves and overshoes myself. My son got the underwhelming Decathlon gloves and overshoes!

He's in Ghent right now watching the 6-days event as his present from his wife so my no-show from Wiggle put a bit of a damper on things. Wiggle? PAH!

Jameshow

Veteran
That's very poor, I've always had prompt service from wiggle. I guess it depends on the courier.

I've used Wiggle a lot over the years - I'm not even thinking how much I've spent with them. Pretty much everything turns up in a day or two.

Are you sure they were in stock when you ordered ?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Recent orders I have made with Chain Reaction have suffered similar problems. They seem to be using EVRI as their courier of choice (for my home area, anyway). Deliveries which were previously unbelievably quick (about 48 hours normally) are now taking 7 to 10 days. Or at least they were, until I stopped using CR because of this. Ironically I switched to Wiggle and have had no problem with them. It all seems to be something of a lottery now, and the covid/brexit/Ukraine excuse for all problems is wearing a bit thin.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
I've used Wiggle a lot over the years - I'm not even thinking how much I've spent with them. Pretty much everything turns up in a day or two.

Are you sure they were in stock when you ordered ?

Yes, they definitely were. My wife's patience paid off earlier today when she got through on a Wiggle chat thing. The respondent tracked down the order number, apologised and said it was a mix-up between them and Hermes but we could rest assured it would be with us within three days! That will make 19 days after the order was placed!

figbat

Slippery scientist
Yes, they definitely were. My wife's patience paid off earlier today when she got through on a Wiggle chat thing. The respondent tracked down the order number, apologised and said it was a mix-up between them and Hermes but we could rest assured it would be with us within three days! That will make 19 days after the order was placed!

Hope it at least has some Haribo in!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I haven't used the services of Wiggle too frequently in the past but after the latest shenanigans I'm having with them, that will drop to zero!

It was my cycling son's birthday on the 11th November so finding the exact item I knew he wanted (Castelli bib shorts) at a seemingly better price on Wiggle, I made the mistake of ordering them. That was on 3rd November to be sure we'd receive them on time. Today, it's the 19th - so eight days BEYOND my son's birthday and sixteen days after ordering - and they still haven't arrived! They were trying to blame the couriers so I contacted Hermes but they've emailed to say I have to contact Wiggle, so I did but they haven't bothered responding!

Slightly worried I wouldn't receive them in time, I went into a branch of Decathlon to but some back-up cycling items, reasoning that if the bib shorts didn't arrive, I'd have a fall-back present and if they did arrive, I'd use the gloves and overshoes myself. My son got the underwhelming Decathlon gloves and overshoes!

He's in Ghent right now watching the 6-days event as his present from his wife so my no-show from Wiggle put a bit of a damper on things. Wiggle? PAH!

Wiggle probably could communicate better.

I've had wiggle orders go missing courtesy of Evri/Hermes but they won't act until quite some time has passed without any trace of the order, probably due to the way Evri/Hermes works, it means sometimes packages can be stuck in transit for weeks as items are distributed to people who are effectively self employed and won't necessarily be prioritising your parcel, but after three weeks, if there's still no parcel then it's likely that it has gone missing and Wiggle may offer to send you the same order again, or a refund or a voucher, depending on how you communicate.
Hermes/evri have a solid gold reputation for losing things and delivery failures.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Recent orders I have made with Chain Reaction have suffered similar problems. They seem to be using EVRI as their courier of choice (for my home area, anyway). Deliveries which were previously unbelievably quick (about 48 hours normally) are now taking 7 to 10 days. Or at least they were, until I stopped using CR because of this. Ironically I switched to Wiggle and have had no problem with them. It all seems to be something of a lottery now, and the covid/brexit/Ukraine excuse for all problems is wearing a bit thin.

Wiggle and CRC are different flavours of the same company.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Last edited:

mustang1

Guru
Sorry to hear about @PaulB 's problems. I've had zero problems with wiggle over the years but understand that things can go wrong and must be particularly frustrating when waiting for a birthday present.

Glad things got sorted out in the end even though it took far longer than it should have. Still an element of frustration with the whole thing though, understandable.

CXRAndy

Guru
Wiggle before being taken over, were fantastic. Excellent delivery, returns easy to do. Don't use them any more, sometimes CRC which being under the same umbrella but are better

vickster

Legendary Member
Wiggle have stopped doing free returns from what I can see (at least on now unneeded bar tape) and PayPal are stopping their Returns on Us offer next week...likely I'll stop buying from Wiggle (not that they are my go to anyhow these days).

Never had any issues with Wiggle delivery, CRC are definitely slower IME but for some reason I prefer their website! I do like the 365 day returns though, good for impulse buyers who change their minds months later! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom