Wiggle. What a let down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well the bib shorts arrived this afternoon! This is now fifteen days AFTER they were needed and twenty-three days after they were ordered. The three days we were promised on the 19th was a lie from them. There is absolutely NO WAY I would ever consider buying anything from Wiggle again and I buy a lot of cycling stuff online as well.

tom73

Guru
Shocking really i'm the same with any company that mess about they do it once and that's it.

I mean that's a massive mess up from them but clearly that isn't the norm. They wouldn't be as big as they are if that was typical.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I cant remember the last time I ordered something from Wiggle. Years ago they used to be my go to, now there are far better outlets out there giving a far better service.
I don't think it will be long until they go to the wall sadly.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
It looks as if Wiggle/CRC are circling the drain. I mean, the pricing and stock haven't been great for 10 years, but it looks as if they overextended themselves.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...jor-financial-blow-as-euro150m-financing-axed

Yup; although it seems that they're owned by some massive yank e-commerce group so I have little sympathy. As much as I'm wary of huge retailers I did use them and CRC when I got back into cycling in 2018, and found them to be pretty decent.

Since their takeover and re-branding however they really seem to have tanked; as evidenced if nothing else by the lack of stock on their site.

IMO they're already toast; seemingly yet another company swallowed up by a naive buyer off the back of the lucrative if unsustainable Covid boom; its purchase potentially funded with debt subsequently loaded onto the books of the company and is now unsustainable in the face of both deteriorating business and increased cost of borrowing.

While I sympathise with the low-level staff, this whole situation seems cynical and exploititive; tbh it's reassuring to see its achitects fail.

Squirrel Chaser

I ordered a couple of bits from wiggle last night first time for ages
Be surprised if it arrives

AlanW

Guru
Yep, the level of service has dropped off a cliff in recent months. Plus, the prices are no longer competitive and the stock levels are shocking.
And whoever passed the layout of the new web site wants shooting, its terrible"

figbat

Slippery scientist
Ever since the stories of their woes have surfaced I have shied away, unless it is for something cheap or only available through them. Whilst I can use credit card safety nets to recover any funds should they fail to deliver and go under, I'd rather not have the risk and I generally actually want whatever it is I ordered. To be fair, over the years I have had no issues with them and enjoy the Haribo but with recent turns of events and usually a healthy competitive marketplace, I'm out.

Top Bottom