Wiggle. What a let down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
How can they fail apart from some massive cockup at international level!
Hopefully someone with a decent business brain will buy it out. Unless it's a prepack administration.....

Hopefully someone with a decent business brain will buy it out. Unless it's a prepack administration.....

Probably loosing 100 million quid and needing an influx of 150 million probably has something to do with it;I would have thought anyone with a decent business brain won't touch it with a shitty stick.

Apparently a few others in the industry are teetering on the edge; lots of rumours going around at the moment :whistle::unsure::secret:

livpoksoc

Guru
This is sad to see. I used to drive past their base in Portsmouth frequently. It's easy to point the finger at their VC buyers, and I am happy to admit I have used them less since the takeover - but that was more down to my needs evolving, and their UX on the site not improving since the rebrand.

Their DHB range got me set up nicely when I began cycling, and I'd still buy today if I didn't have a draw full already.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Very sad to hear. When I first started using them the service was incredibly fast, often next day delivery without paying the extra. Prices were competitive and brands including DHB were good. The sweets were a nice touch as well. I’ve always used SJS and Spa but more recently they’ve become my goto option as the price difference to wiggle disappeared and their range of parts was always better.

Mike_P

Guru
Hasn't stopped them emailing me on offer on wetsuits. Only ever bought cycling stuff from them so is that a weather related offer?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ordered Wednesday and delivered today ahead of schedule well done wiggle and evri

IMG_20231021_123035705.jpg

Smthers

Über Member
Took a punt on a few items last night, one of which was a Shimano 105 11sp cassette (£22.99), and just had a dispatch email. So still trading for now, just not ordering anything from their suppliers, or paying invoices.

Last edited:
They have filed a notice to appoint an administrator, looks like the self administration process has failed and the end is near. Chain Reaction is the more robust of the two entities as that doesn’t have a notice yet.

beardedwarbler

Have you seen their website?

Actually, it's not just them, Evans is even worse. I'm honestly giving up on buying bike stuff atm. Just have two rules, please:

1) Don't list items you don't have in stock. I'm not going to come back for it, actually I'm not going to come back to your store at all, because you wasted my time. Modern stock control systems should absolutely be able to *immediately* delist out-of-stock items.
2) Have an actual mechanic design your filters. Just JFC, I CARE IF THIS SEATPOST IS THE RIGHT DIAMETER. If your suppliers can't supply you with information in a standardised format, chuck them.

Top Bottom