Wiggle. What a let down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@gavroche - in administration and for sale, not liquidation.

OK to order, just pay by credit card.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Yes, I’ve just bought some dhb tops from wiggle in their sale. Ordered Tuesday, delivered Thursday so they are still operating. I agree about credit card though.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Had a look today - lots of bargain prices but most of it is out of stock. Won't bother again.

Search facility is crap too (at least on CRC) - searching by lowest price brings up loads of gear of variable price; none of which is actually offered at that headline low-price if you click on the link.

While I've apparently done OK from this latest sale I find the whole process of checking what's on offer an absolute time-thief... and while I'm sure we all have a bit of room for spares should they come up at a good price, tbh I think unless there's a specific, relatively big-ticket item you require you're often best off ignoring the "sales".

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Yup, the original sale has now effectively finished, with most items that are still in stock, rocketing back up to pre-sale prices.
The sale prices were probably mythical, then, since they had no stock of those items while the price was low. A common trick in the cycle trade.

I remember someone complained to Robin Thorn at SJSC that a competitor was selling a product for less than SJSC was (although it was out of stock). RT's typically direct reply was along the lines of "well, it's even cheaper here when we don't have any to sell".

Smthers

Über Member
The sale prices were probably mythical, then, since they had no stock of those items while the price was low. A common trick in the cycle trade.

I remember someone complained to Robin Thorn at SJSC that a competitor was selling a product for less than SJSC was (although it was out of stock). RT's typically direct reply was along the lines of "well, it's even cheaper here when we don't have any to sell".

No, they did have a genuine sale on some items. I managed to get a Castelli SS jersey for £9.80 (now £40), a few bottom brackets for £1.99 (now £7.99+), dhb helmet for £5, and a few other items.

Their Lifeline wheel-on turbo was £14.99 initially, and their rollers £29.99, but both are now at much higher prices. Sale over, or until the start their "January Sale" :laugh:

Probably needed the cash to pay the December salaries! Now that’s out the way, prices up and back to slower trading.

Top Bottom