City Link strikes again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I never ever knowledgeably deal with a company that uses City Link as their service is usually appalling.

I ordered some items with guaranteed delivery today.

I have no delivery, no card or contact so looked at online tracking.

15 Mar 2012 08:24:00 PM Wednesbury West Midlands GB Departure Scan
15 Mar 2012 04:26:00 PM Lee-On-The-Solent Hants GB Held by carrier - customer to arrange delivery
15 Mar 2012 04:26:00 PM Lee-On-The-Solent Hants GB Delivery attempted
15 Mar 2012 07:57:00 AM Wednesbury West Midlands GB Out for delivery
15 Mar 2012 04:39:00 AM Wednesbury West Midlands GB Arrival Scan
14 Mar 2012 06:24:00 PM Wednesbury West Midlands GB Departure Scan

So I have no contact details, a delivery in the early hours of the morning, have non-existent instructions on how to arrange delivery, and at 08:26 was returned to the Midlands.... which makes arranging a redelivery difficult.

Thanks for reminding me why I boycott CityLink and any company that uses them!

Chromatic

Legendary Member
It says delivery was attempted at 04:26:00 PM, that is not the early hours of the morning.

potsy

Rambler
Last two times I had dealings with them-

1- Left a card as I wasn't in, I rearranged delivery on their website for the following Monday (attempted delivery was Thursday) they then delivered it the following day on the Friday :wacko: luckily I was in.
2- Similar to the OP, no card left but online tracking said attempted delivery, rang them to be told it was still on the van and would be redelivered later thet day.
Still nothing, phone call and they said the driver was 'outside my door' he wasn't.
I ended up going picking it up from the depot 7 miles away :thumbsdown:

RaRa

I never ever use them if I can possibly avoid it. This is the company that "lost" a package containing a gps, however after hearing about a number of losses in my area I went to the depot and demanded to see the manager - surprise surprise the package was found under the drivers seat where it had miracluously "rolled and then opened itself".

asterix

Comrade Member
Last time I had trouble with this co. I dug around a bit and found a lot of the drivers were self-employed van owners. From what they said it appeared they didn't get a very good deal. And as they say, pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Top Bottom