City Of London Police admit selective enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
yawn....

They were targetting cyclists. fair enough, and no shock that no cars got tickets.

Speed cameras target cars, no one is shocked that cyclists aren't equally affected by that.

Anyway, on the whole, RLJ is a cyclist issue and not a driver one.

But this doesn't matter, cos Spinners has me on his ignore list cos he can't take criticism, so he'll never read this anyway. go on, someone quote me so he has to read a post of mine!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Not really. And all these vehicles aren't breezing through reds like cyclists are wont to in London, they are amber gambling, and anyone who's ever driven in london knows that is just par for the course.

zimzum42 said:
yawn....

They were targetting cyclists. fair enough, and no shock that no cars got tickets.

Speed cameras target cars, no one is shocked that cyclists aren't equally affected by that.

Anyway, on the whole, RLJ is a cyclist issue and not a driver one.

But this doesn't matter, cos Spinners has me on his ignore list cos he can't take criticism, so he'll never read this anyway. go on, someone quote me so he has to read a post of mine!

I can understand an operation to target one particular type of road user as a focus and reiterate that is only affects the law breakers, but at the same time, any motorists being observed breaking the law should have been ticketed as well.

domtyler

Über Member
zimzum42 said:
Not really. And all these vehicles aren't breezing through reds like cyclists are wont to in London, they are amber gambling, and anyone who's ever driven in london knows that is just par for the course.

I'd say that Amber gambling is stretching it ZZ, most times the car goes through at least a second after it has gone red, and more likely one or two follow. I know this to be the case because I see it every day at every set of lights whether I am on my bike or in the car. Further I will admit that I am a bit of an amber gambler myself. ;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
me too, and you're right, a few seconds after it's gone red is considered fair game. I've done it right in front of cop cars, and they've followed me through, but not to pull me over!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
oh well, Spinners seems to have removed his posts cos we're not all agreeing with him.

Shame, it's an interesting thing to discuss, cos he does have a point, as does catrike, i just also see why they're not bothering to ticket the cars, mainly cos it's an exercise to target bikes, and most coppers can't keep more than one thing in their mind!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
er, cos most people do it in all sorts of ways. Loads of people smoke weed, buy pirate DVDs, fiddle tax, the list goes on. Especially in London. Who gives?

OP
OP
S

spindrift

Cab said:
Spindrift, posting a topic and then deleting your text is extremely bad form.

I don't give a ****. The relentless, stalky, attention-seeking "Me me me me!" I'm getting means that the thread's ruined already. There's no interest in the subject, just a desperate attempt to derail the thread and a direct, overt appeal to have the posts quoted and therefore visible to someone who's on the ignore list. As long as this carries on and the moderaters do **** all about it then that's what's gonna happen.

Origamist

Legendary Member
spindrift said:
I don't give a ****. The relentless, stalky, attention-seeking "Me me me me!" I'm getting means that the thread's ruined already. There's no interest in the subject, just a desperate attempt to derail the thread and a direct, overt appeal to have the posts quoted and therefore visible to someone who's on the ignore list. As long as this carries on and the moderaters do **** all about it then that's what's gonna happen.

You're actually playing into ZZ's hands.

Repost the minutes as they are interesting.

People can see he has an unhealthy interest in you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom