Clacton cyclist Alan Spink films 'near-misses'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beastie

Guru
That looked pretty fecking dangerous to me.

Reactions: akb
OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
Aside from the bus and the car making a sharp-ish left, none of that looked bad to me.

a slow day in london lol. Good that he is filming though as any incidents he films may lead to a criminal conviction as seen with other videos. keep up the good work

CHogg

I'd like to find the website where the original films are posted. Does anyone know where it is?

trampyjoe

"the police have looked at the footage and cannot see .. blah blah blah"

Good old anti-cyclist BBC doing their best to ensure they let drivers know that over taking then left hooking, or close passes are ok! FFS.

sabian92

Über Member
Some Police Officers don't see the big deal with it. The coppers who aren't traffic aren't really arsed about it - although the BBC isn't helping by making a point of saying that they saw nothing wrong with it.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Not dangerous? That coach was incredibly close, and the left hook caused him to have to brake super hard, IMO.

D

Deleted member 20519

Some Police Officers don't see the big deal with it. The coppers who aren't traffic aren't really arsed about it - although the BBC isn't helping by making a point of saying that they saw nothing wrong with it.

I've heard that if you go into a police station and fill out the standard report, nothing happens but if you ask to speak to a traffic cop and get him to fill out a report, it gets taken more seriously.

sabian92

Über Member
I've heard that if you go into a police station and fill out the standard report, nothing happens but if you ask to speak to a traffic cop and get him to fill out a report, it gets taken more seriously.

Yeah, I've read similar things although when I reported a car squeezing me up against a row of cars repeatedly (and stopping so I'd ride past so they could do it again) the copper was really helpful (well as helpful as he could be - I had read the rego wrong so not very far you can go with it!) but he was just a normal copper and a genuinely nice one at that. Gave me an incident number and who to call/ask for etc.

Depends on where you live, I suppose. I don't deal with the Police very often with stuff like this so my experience is limited.

Typhon

I've been cycling less than two months and I've had close passes as bad as that and also had people left hooking me like that. I've also had someone coming the other way force me off the road by overtaking a parked car and basically coming straight at me. I'm not excusing the appalling driving in the video in any way but they could have shown more damning footage than this.

The BBC should look at Gaz's videos. They are genuinely terrifying!

Top Bottom