Clank, clank, clank!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I had a noise coming from the bike on the last ride, so today I had a good search for it as it was driving me insane - and I had the fear that a wheel would fall off or something! :eek:

It was a rhythmic clanking, which still occurred when I didn't pedal. I ruled out the back wheel, chain etc.
Moved to the front wheel - yip, that's the culprit but what?
Turns out the sensor for my cycle computer had moved (well to be exact, my husband had fiddled with it last week and replaced a battery) and a part of it was rubbing.

I moved it and the noise vanished :dance:
However, the computer stopped working :blush:

It's ancient and was given to me second hand, so a good excuse for a more up to date one I think!
Now where did I put my list for Santa....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had a noise coming from the bike on the last ride, so today I had a good search for it as it was driving me insane - and I had the fear that a wheel would fall off or something! :eek:

It was a rhythmic clanking, which still occurred when I didn't pedal. I ruled out the back wheel, chain etc.
Moved to the front wheel - yip, that's the culprit but what?
Turns out the sensor for my cycle computer had moved (well to be exact, my husband had fiddled with it last week and replaced a battery) and a part of it was rubbing.

I moved it and the noise vanished :dance:
However, the computer stopped working :blush:

It's ancient and was given to me second hand, so a good excuse for a more up to date one I think!
Now where did I put my list for Santa....
I've had the clanking and then the not working problem. They can be pretty sensitive about where they're placed but it's probably because the sensor isn't picking up the magnet. They could be badly aligned or the sensor may now be too far away.

Old miles are just as good as new miles....:tongue:

I used to get that all the time when I was out riding. "Clank, clank, clank..." all the time. "Clank, clank, clank". It was driving me mad.

Nothing I did seemed to work, but I had to do what I had to do, so I had to be out there riding around. "Clank, clank, clank".

It wasn't until I'd actually found the dragon, killed it, rescued the damsel and got out of my armour that the clanking stopped.

I think it might have been the front mech, but my faithful valet tells me that the term is not in keeping with the vocabulary of a medievel knight.

The source of the clanking remains a mystery.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I used to get that all the time when I was out riding. "Clank, clank, clank..." all the time. "Clank, clank, clank". It was driving me mad.

Nothing I did seemed to work, but I had to do what I had to do, so I had to be out there riding around. "Clank, clank, clank".

It wasn't until I'd actually found the dragon, killed it, rescued the damsel and got out of my armour that the clanking stopped.

I think it might have been the front mech, but my faithful valet tells me that the term is not in keeping with the vocabulary of a medievel knight.

The source of the clanking remains a mystery.

Any bets your horse had an artificial hip....

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
My clanking was ecumenical

Sandra6

Veteran
I've lost count of the number of times that's happened to me and I've gone bleating to the bike hut guys just to be laughed at when they move the magnet a millimetre!:blush:
This week it's been driving me mad because it stopped recognising when I was moving, so the date, time, temp are all showing but I am going 0mph and have done 0 miles. I fiddled with it, definitely in the right place, changed the battery, fiddled some more, checked the battery was right side up, fiddled again, admitted defeat.
It was popped off, wiped underneath and put back - working now! lol.

Top Bottom