Clarks Avid brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maurice

Bought some organic ones for my Avid Elixir's last weekend.

Only used them for one ride but they seemed ok, fitted alright in the calipers too. I've no idea of how long they'll last but a £5.99 they are almost a quarter of the price of genuine Elixir replacements.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Exactly my thoughts Maurice. At that price they have to be worth a shot. I've used Clark rim brake pads for years and found them to be good. Just had no experience of the disc pads.

Thanks for the input.

maurice

No probs.

I had to put a hand out to the counter to steady myself after I asked at the LBS for replacements, £25 a pair for genuine organic!!!

As a bonus the red backings of the pads even look nice in the calipers.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Yes, I rang my LBS this morning about them. Same answer, £25 a pair.

Brake pads for my Toyota Landcruiser are cheaper than that - £27 for two pairs! ;)

maurice

Debian said:
Yes, I rang my LBS this morning about them. Same answer, £25 a pair.

Brake pads for my Toyota Landcruiser are cheaper than that - £27 for two pairs! ;)

Ha, that's exactly what I was thinking as I backed out of there, "my car ones are cheaper than that?!" :biggrin:

maurice

In the past I've found sintered have a tendancy to be noisier, bit more expensive and organic seem to last a reasonable amount of time for me so I tend to lean towards them.

Depends where you ride I think, there must be some truth to the tales of organic pads wearing out within a day, just doesn't happen to me.

I've had some Clark organics in my brakes for a few weeks now and they seem just as good as the original sintered pads but a bit quieter. I also agree that the red pads look great in the calipers. No idea on pad life though as yet.

Top Bottom