Clarkson Let Us Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
girofan said:
If you accept that most people over six feet are generally inofensive, fairly nice type of people :smile:, I wish to know why Clarkson goes against type?
He doesn't bother me as you suggest and I'm not too bothered about TG one way or the other.
It's the fact he's tall and does these things that bother me :sad:. I genuinely have difficulty understanding why.:blush: He's no reason to be the way he is, HE'S TALL!! :biggrin:

Hmmmmph - do you have evidence for your tall=inoffensive etc statement or is it an assumption? Cos I think I'd start there. Could be the assumption is not correct. Just a thought. :thumbsdown:

I don't watch TG - I don't care for cars and I dislike the lads larking about stuff. But then I can be a grumpy old git too. :tongue:

gavintc

Guru
There are some people on here with deep insecurity problems. Clarkson is an amusing entertainer - simple. If you don't like him, don't watch him. He has successfully made a niche in the crowded TV market. If he was beige, he would not have succeeded.

wafflycat said:
I have seen him in the past, Mr P. His performance is what made me decide to switch off.

He may have changed his style and you've missed it.

ACTUALLY he hasn't and he is still as (scripted and rehearsed) as always.

Shame as I think the engineering type programs that he has done were excellent. The program about his ancestors war time exploits was also good.

I like this forum - we can all like different things at different times and not fall out over it (hopefully).

Back in the mists of time I thought he was funny, mainly because of his overblown delivery and hyperbole. Then I listened to and read more of his stuff. He's everything I loathe and despise. An arrogant, obnoxious, snobbish bully. The Daily Mail with a perm. I hope his daughters (if he has them) become vegetarian lesbians and live on a commune.

girofan said:
If you accept that most people over six feet are generally inofensive, fairly nice type of people :sad:, I wish to know why Clarkson goes against type?
He doesn't bother me as you suggest and I'm not too bothered about TG one way or the other.
It's the fact he's tall and does these things that bother me :biggrin:. I genuinely have difficulty understanding why.:blush: He's no reason to be the way he is, HE'S TALL!! :tongue:

Am I alone in seeing absolutely no logic behind this statement? Tall = Nice? Where on earth did you dredge that, er, "fact" up from?

Saddle bum

Über Member
There's no law against piling s!!t high is there? Don't agree with the supposition; tall = pleasant.

The only thing going for him is his insistence on being totally un-PC, just love it, winds the bed-wetting liberals up a treat.

I would love to go for a bike ride with him. <g>

wafflycat

John Ponting said:

No - from the numerous adverts for Clarkson's programmes on the BBC, it's clear he hasn't. He's still a nasty bit of work.

John Ponting said:

ACTUALLY he hasn't and he is still as (scripted and rehearsed) as always.

Shame as I think the engineering type programs that he has done were excellent. The program about his ancestors war time exploits was also good.

I like this forum - we can all like different things at different times and not fall out over it (hopefully).

wafflycat said:
No - from the numerous adverts for Clarkson's programmes on the BBC, it's clear he hasn't. He's still a nasty bit of work.

I was sure I'd read that earlier.

bonj2

Aint Skeered said:
Have to agree with Trusty, never a week go's by without someone bleeting on about Top Gear.
Just turn it off, problem solved

I can tell you exactly why these people have a problem with Clarkson, it's exactly the same reason simoncc has a problem with Top Gear. If they didn't like it at all, they would just switch it off, but they do - they like it for the most part, but it annoys them or, in the case of the former example, pricks their sense of political correctness in some way. They won't turn it off because they would lost the enjoyment they derive from the majority of it, so the only other option they have to deal with the bits they don't is to whinge.

Blue

Legendary Member
Clarkson is known to be opinionated and forthright in his views but that doesn't make him a bad person. He entertains me, although I don't, as a rule, pay too much attention to motoring or engineering progs.

Too many people on this forum are quick to deride people who express opinions that differ from their own - a sad reflection of themselves, rather than the subject of this thread.

bonj said:
I can tell you exactly why these people have a problem with Clarkson, it's exactly the same reason simoncc has a problem with Top Gear. If they didn't like it at all, they would just switch it off, but they do - they like it for the most part, but it annoys them or, in the case of the former example, pricks their sense of political correctness in some way. They won't turn it off because they would lost the enjoyment they derive from the majority of it, so the only other option they have to deal with the bits they don't is to whinge.
My problem is that he's a nasty, arrogant peanut. Nothing to do with Top Gear.

Blue - It's more to do with the person than the views. Being a boorish right wing bigot is just the icing on the cake.

bonj2

Chuffy said:
My problem is that he's a nasty, arrogant peanut. Nothing to do with Top Gear.

Blue - It's more to do with the person than the views. Being a boorish right wing bigot is just the icing on the cake.

but the only reason you could possibly suffer his "nasty arrogance" would be if you deliberately chose of your own accord to consume what he broadcasts or publishes. Nobody forces his opinions on you.

bonj said:
but the only reason you could possibly suffer his "nasty arrogance" would be if you deliberately chose of your own accord to consume what he broadcasts or publishes. Nobody forces his opinions on you.
But I don't any more, haven't done for years. Because of arrogant boorish blah etc.

Top Bottom