Clarkson should be PM or even dictator of the world ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Not sure he'd get too many votes from members of a cycling forum.

Clarkson’s highway code on cyclists: http://www.pureclarkson.com/clarkson-on-cyclists/

PBancroft

I don't see why people get so het up about Clarkson. He spouts bollocks all the time and I sincerely doubts anyone takes anything he says seriously.

One of his mates is a keen cyclist fer crying out loud.

It's a character. They are just playing up to type, and Clarkson more than any of them. As Top Gear gets older its becoming more and more obvious how much of it is an act.

Keith Oates

Janner
He's good to read, I've got a couple of his books and they are enjoyable. As Kaipaith says it's all part of the act to entertain but I'd rather vote for him than any of the three who are now in the frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davidc

Guru
A man who thrives on portraying himself as ignorant, foolish and the worst kind of 'blokey' male. Perhaps it's more than just a portrayal, perhaps he's really like it. If so why isn't he divorced and jobless as a result of being impossible to tolerate?

He used to occasionally be amusing, but that stopped long ago. Now he's just interminably stupid. Apart of course from making money out of it.

Vote for him? No I wouldn't, any more than I'd ever vote for Cameron or Nick Griffin.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Shaun said:
Not sure he'd get too many votes from members of a cycling forum.

Clarkson’s highway code on cyclists: http://www.pureclarkson.com/clarkson-on-cyclists/

The frightening thing is though, people will actually believe this crock of sh*t, which makes his comments downright irresponsible.

No, I'd rather shoot myself than vote for him, but that said, I bet he'd actually DO something about public transport (although hopefully not just another Beeching).

I wonder though, with him in charge, would he be more willing to build these cycle paths away from the main roads so that he wasn't annoyed with us??

Oh and there's nowt wrong with masturbation also. I bet Clarkson knows that more than most! :smile:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Mad Doug Biker said:
The frightening thing is though, people will actually believe this crock of sh*t, which makes his comments downright irresponsible.

Exactly.

And these same people forge their personal values and inter-personal skills on the daily mire of sh*te (soap operas) beamed to them on their 78" flatscreen telly.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The only soap I watch (and I'm VERY embarrassed to say this) is Eastenders, purely because I've watched it from year dot.

I know not to take any of it seriously though, more it's a way of escaping my own life for half an hour and seeing that actually, with all the tragedy and woe the characters suffer, my life isn't all that bad after all!!

That said, If I never saw it again it wouldn't bother me, and I don't exactly watch it every night as it is.

There's nothing new or original in pretending not to understand technology. Indeed a former exponent of this type of journalism, dating from the 1960s, was the superb wit of the late (and much lamented) Paul Jennings. Perhaps Clarkson lifted some of his ideas from the pen of Jennings. But Jennings was twenty times the man Clarkson is.

P.S. If he claims to loathe technology, how come he adores modern fast cars? They're packed to the brim with technology and modern sophisticated gadgets...

661-Pete said:
P.S. If he claims to loathe technology, how come he adores modern fast cars? They're packed to the brim with technology and modern sophisticated gadgets...

Perhaps because in modern cars most of the technology (if it's designed correctly, and it most often is in my experience) helps you to do things. In other areas (of my life, at least) technology prevents me from doing things.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Clarkson should be exiled to a small remote and uninhabited island, and all the people who admire him should be tracked down, captured in nets, and forced to live there as his subjects - for the benefit of the rest of the world. You know it makes sense.

Top Bottom