Classic Conversations at Halfords......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Typical parts dept...:-)
Eh!:ninja:

Typhon

Halfords wipers are more expensive than at a BMW dealership too. Their screenwash clogs up the bottle filters as well.
All I get from there is shampoo and sponges. If I want bike stuff I go to a bike shop.

Halfords are a lot more expensive than Audi too. They recently replaced my wiper blades for £7 fitted which I was quite happy with. Audi are actually very good if you are a regular customer, they are willing to massively discount most of the servicing/replacement parts.

Ironically the only good experience I've had with Halfords is with a bike, when I first started riding and dug a 20 year old MTB out of the garage. It had a problem with the gears (wouldn't change properly) which as a beginner I had no idea how to fix. Their standard charge for the work was £8 but the guy fixed it in less than 5 mintues and didn't even bother to charge me. Prior to taking it to Halfords I had taken it to my LBS and said they would charge "about" £30 and wouldn't be able to do it for 10 days.

i own an Astra and the wipers for that (Bosch ones) are also at least £30, and to be fair I wouldn't buy any other brand because they'd be s***. And you're probably looking at £30 everywhere for Bosch ones, unless you get the ones off ebay which you can't guarantee are real ones anyway!

These have been on my Astra g for three months, £5.94 inc postage what a bargain!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...T-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-20-19-/280844457230

Who needs Halfords (just to keep on topic).

OP
OP
Crosstrailer

Crosstrailer

Prior to the E Class had a Focus from new for 7 years. After baulking at Fords service prices I fitted various sets of cheaper blades to that, came to the conclusion due to wear/performance rates it was a false economy. Have only used Bosch for years now. You don't get £7 wiper blades from Mercedes I'm afraid even if you are a frequent customer.

From 36 spokes to Bosch wiper blades.....

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hands up whose independent LBS is open seven days a week and until 20:00 on weekday evenings?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Wouldn't it have been better to count them in the first instance? Im pretty sure that most of the Halfords employees dont go around counting the number of spokes on every single wheel they stock!
I have a mate who works in a local Halfords part-time. "If the stereotypes of our company are true then all I can say is 'The only people more ignorant than our staff are our customers.'"

Top Bottom