1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Lightweights

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by stevech, 24 Jul 2007.

1. stevech

stevech New Member

PLEASE may we have a discussion entitled Classic Lightweights, for those of us who have arrived following the demise of the Cycling Plus forums. Back in C+ we all met in 'Special Interests', but giving the discussion a more explicit name would be good, as would leaving a separate discussion for 'fixies', which had come to dominate Special Interests.

2. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

I'm going to look at forum changes/mergers/removals in the near future and I'll bear your suggestion in mind :biggrin:

Cheers,
    Shaun

3. stevech

stevech New Member

4. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Could I suggest that it be something a little more general like "Classic" or "Vintage". 'Classic lightweights' seems like quite a narrow topic... But I don't really know what I'm talking about, so maybe I'm missing out on something...

A 'classic' heading could cover lightweights and other stuff...

5. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

So "Special Interests" on the old C+ site was about bikes then?

I never visited that one in case mrs Smokin Joe caught me...:biggrin:

6. stevech

stevech New Member

Sounds fine to me, Arch.

Anyway, interest in older machines was apparent in the C+ Special Interest discussions, so I'm disappointed that some of the stalwarts from over there who have come over here haven't yet supported me. Bagpuss, Dickie, GavinG, et al, come on chaps!

Of course they know damn well that if I had my way we'd have a discussion called Rotrax...:biggrin:

7. bobg

bobg Über Member

Greetings chaps and chapettes,
    Just found my way here via a link from "the other place" and a request for a "special interest or something similar forum" - yes please, that would be excellent -if a newbie may chuck his 2 pennorth in, it was the only thing keeping me over there
    Bob
    NB I was talking to Gavin yesterday, he's still over at Radar wondering where everybody has gone. Expect him soon.

8. bagpuss

bagpuss Senior Member

Now the ball is rolling , here is some more .http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N00/

Ps . I do not have chin fungus . I do however like real ale and I am middle aged . I still ride every day but not enough to keep the lard at bay!

9. stevech

stevech New Member

Shaun

Please could you move this from Feedback into a more appropriate place, now that it appears to be getting under way.

Thanks.