Classic Skin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusky

CC Addict
That was intentional, as really wide paragraphs of text can be quite difficult to read.

A few people have asked about a wide-screen version though, so I'll probable create one. I just want to tweak some area's of the skin before I finalise it.

It's on my ever expanding to-do list ... lol :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OK, so a feature not a bug?!? :tongue:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
That was intentional, as really wide paragraphs of text can be quite difficult to read.

I'm glad you said that as I have always found it more difficult to read wide screens of text versus thin ones, it seems harder to leave the end of a line and then sweep back to find the beginning of the next, without losing my place a little.

I thought it was just me!

Shaun

Founder
An old gem from one of my graphic design books (not that I have much time for design work these days ... lol).

slugonabike

The skins don't all have the 'return to top' button on each post, is this also a deliberate feature? The cc light would be my favourite except for the lack of this facility.

No go to last post button within the fora view but there in View New Posts. View New posts has no lines at all to de-mark topics. I've gone back to Cyclechat for these reasons.

Shaun

Founder
No go to last post button within the fora view but there in View New Posts. View New posts has no lines at all to de-mark topics. I've gone back to Cyclechat for these reasons.

I'll have a go at fixing those ... never noticed when I was testing the skin.

Thanks,

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
PPPPPPS, I also noticed that the "fast reply" buttons at the bottom of the screen go a bit wierd (elongated and pixelated) sometimes. This may be a browser issue and is not constant.

thus

333.jpg

Try doing a forced-refresh - which should re-download the icon images - CTRL+R.

Let me know if that has helped?

Cheers,

Using IE7 I get the same thing. CTRL+R doesn't shift it.

When you click on the text box of the fast reply it seems to sort itself. Is this activating something and the bit you see when just reading is only a picture?

Shaun

Founder
No go to last post button within the fora view but there in View New Posts.

It's there. Click on the date and time above the username in the Last Post Info column - this takes you to the last post.

View New posts has no lines at all to de-mark topics. I've gone back to Cyclechat for these reasons.

This is now fixed. You'll probably have to re-load the page/CSS with CTRL+R but you should now see the lines between the posts.

Cheers,

It's there. Click on the date and time above the username in the Last Post Info column - this takes you to the last post.

This is now fixed. You'll probably have to re-load the page/CSS with CTRL+R but you should now see the lines between the posts.

Cheers,

Cheers Shaun, wouldn't have spotted that if you hadn't told me and I can see the lines now, I'm a happy bunny.

Though if you could bold the titles in the New Content View in black font, that'd be wonderful.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
The Classic skin looks great on my home computer, but doesn't really display very well on my company laptop (where I always end up having to select the CCLight skin instead).

Shaun

Founder
The Classic skin looks great on my home computer, but doesn't really display very well on my company laptop (where I always end up having to select the CCLight skin instead).

What OS / browser software are you running on the two machines?

Cheers,

Shaun

Founder
My company Laptop is ... Internet Explorer (6.0)

Ah, yes, that's the bit I was expecting.

Unfortunately the new forum skins don't really support IE6.0 (apart from the IP.Board default skin, and the two coloured IPB ones CycleChatLight & CycleChatOrange).

Support in general is being phased-out and dropped for IE6 due to its age, although a lot of corporate entities are still hanging on to it because of the time costs involved in upgrading.

If you wanted to get around it (and assuming you have user/work's permissions to do it) you could download and install Firefox on both your PC and laptop which should happily support the use of a single skin for both machines - not only for CC, but for lots of other sites too. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Top Bottom