Classic Trucks, Wagons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From my files

Fleur De Lys Classic Vehicle Show
Thornes Park
Wakefield
Friday 1st July 2016

From my files

Fleur De Lys Classic Vehicle Show
Thornes Park
Wakefield
Friday 1st July 2016

@Drago
Volvo:okay:

They have several restored trucks
https://www.geeshaulage.co.uk/

Tenkaykev

Guru
I read about this in the present issue of Truck & Driver magazine, in a feature about a conference on the future of road-haulage
Just like Trolleybuses!
https://news.siemens.co.uk/news/green-light-for-path-to-uks-first-electric-motorway
https://trans.info/en/uk-government...d-system-trial-on-m180-near-scunthorpe-248190
Now all they need to do is segregate them from the rest of the traffic, perhaps using some sort of mechanical barrier, and to protect the road surface have some sort of reinforcement system, perhaps made from steel for longevity.

DRM

Guru
Now all they need to do is segregate them from the rest of the traffic, perhaps using some sort of mechanical barrier, and to protect the road surface have some sort of reinforcement system, perhaps made from steel for longevity.
M180, a dual carriageway motorway, how bl**dy stupid

From my files

Leafers At T'Pit
National Coal Mining Museum
(Caphouse Colliery)
Middlestown
(A642. between Wakefield & Huddersfield

1st May 2005

There was, from memory, another one with a 'My CrumpleZone' on it

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
From my files

Leafers At T'Pit
National Coal Mining Museum
(Caphouse Colliery)
Middlestown
(A642. between Wakefield & Huddersfield

1st May 2005

There was, from memory, another one with a 'My CrumpleZone' on it

View attachment 622202

View attachment 622201
My crumple zone, if i have interpreted it well....very apt.
Circa 1976, driving a LWB Land Rover on the A1 near Newark on a dark, rainy evening, luckily the A1 used to be quiet in those days.
I took my eyes off the road for a few seconds as i realised my crewmate had nodded off, looked back to see...:ohmy:tractor tyre.
It had parked with one wheel slightly on the road, no lights, in the dark and rain, as the owner closed a gate he had just driven through.
I slung the steering sideways in avoidance, a huge band, front end reared up and we careered across the central reservation with the two nearside wheels in the air....follwed by a huge bang....and nothing , quiet.
We landed in a ditch on the opposite carriageway, nearside leaning against the ditch side so we had to clamber out through the rear doors.

Circa 50 mph impact with a tractor, LR written off, nearside wing and door crumpled up like a concertina....but we climbed out, a great testament to the strength of the thing .

My fault although compounded by them not having lights...done for driving without due care , they got away with it afaik.

DRM

Guru
Remember seeing a Volvo tractor unit that was totally wrecked in for a new cab, it was so mangled I thought the driver must have been killed, only to be told no injured but ok, caused by an Eastern European truck had pulled up on the A1 in a lay by and left the back end of the trailer sticking out on the road with no lights on

Top Bottom