Classic Trucks, Wagons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spotted behind Stainland Medical Centre
Stainland Road
Greetland
(Thursday 16th )

My thoughts were Magiruz??
Anyone know for sure?

Drago

Legendary Member
Ues, a Magirus-Deutz. Clearly an old one. I'm not up on them at all but I'd guess 1960s.

Drago

Legendary Member
And have been rebadged Austin's and Rovers since the 80's. To be fair to the Chinese, they've show what you can do if you have a) a forward thinking and innovative management who understand the market and business practice, and b) a workforce that isn't on strike every time someone smells a fart they don't like.

Kudos to this man!!!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Restored/created in the UK
Truck & Driver magazine, October issue

RDs RS700L
- the bull-bar was created by taking measurements from a light-surround & working it all out from there
- even the layout of the wiring on the 'tank' matches how it looks in the film

Yes, the lucky man also owns the W900

Go to Full Size Movie Truck Hire; https://www.minimovietrucks.com/

I doubt many readers are wondering, but....this is the opening sequence

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmtMUpUvdFk

And..
Jerry Reed, also sang/wrote/played guitar on this, as well as starring in the film

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0OflL0INck

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not sure how classic this is but it is probably about 1967 or 8. Our new Albion with a flat bed trailer. We also had CLVs for the same unit.
I was offered a new mini if I could swing the sale but unfortunately a more senior manager also had motor trade contacts.
I remember bare chassis with only a drivers seat driving from one factory unit to another in Glasgow.
BFF7BBFB-0C9D-4EDE-B3CF-F367B5CC85FA.jpeg

Not sure how classic this is but it is probably about 1967 or 8. Our new Albion with a flat bed trailer. We also had CLVs for the same unit.
I was offered a new mini if I could swing the sale but unfortunately a more senior manager also had motor trade contacts.
I remember bare chassis with only a drivers seat driving from one factory unit to another in Glasgow. View attachment 549204
'LAD' cab:okay:

Leyland, Albion, Dodge

Are buses allowed on this thread, when I first started at South Yorkshire Motors late 60's, bus enthusiasts used to come round the back of the garage to photograph this bus.

View attachment 532749

TWY8 (JWT112) South Yorkshire (Pontefract) 81

Another bus that's not as it seems, TWY 8 is an Albion Valiant which started off life having a Burlingham coach body fitted, registered as JWT 112 and numbered 57 with South Yorkshire Motors.... that particular body was removed in 1958 and went on to be fitted onto South Yorkshire 51, a 1940 chassis which then became 57 and registered DYG53, also preserved. The Albion was rebodied by Charles H Roe of Leeds and attended the rally scene until being delicensed in 1981 and then stored for 29 years until passing an MOT in 2010... and is the only known bus whereby both the original and subsequent bodies still exist in preservation. Seen at ravensthorpe for the spring open day of the Dewsbury Bus Museum

My father-in-law was a fitter
First at West Riding, then Arriva
He ended up as (I think the title was) Engineering Quality Inspector
He worked at Featherstone, Castleford, then Belle Isle (Wakefield)

Plus, when it was daughters 'Prom', wife knew the owner of one of the buses, so it was arranged
http://www.dewsburybusmuseum.org/west-riding-640/4527520610

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Are buses allowed on this thread, when I first started at South Yorkshire Motors late 60's, bus enthusiasts used to come round the back of the garage to photograph this bus.

View attachment 532749

TWY8 (JWT112) South Yorkshire (Pontefract) 81

Another bus that's not as it seems, TWY 8 is an Albion Valiant which started off life having a Burlingham coach body fitted, registered as JWT 112 and numbered 57 with South Yorkshire Motors.... that particular body was removed in 1958 and went on to be fitted onto South Yorkshire 51, a 1940 chassis which then became 57 and registered DYG53, also preserved. The Albion was rebodied by Charles H Roe of Leeds and attended the rally scene until being delicensed in 1981 and then stored for 29 years until passing an MOT in 2010... and is the only known bus whereby both the original and subsequent bodies still exist in preservation. Seen at ravensthorpe for the spring open day of the Dewsbury Bus Museum
We were taken on a school visit to the South Yorkshire depot in Pontefract what seems like an awfully long time ago now.

I used to walk past Grace's scrap yard on Station Lane on my way to town in the 80s and there was a selection of interesting trucks including a 1930s Albion (Something like a KL127). I doubt much has survived.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Are you a Ponte lad @Badger_Boom, Andrew Grace who owns the scrapyard is a mate, there is some realy old scrap in there.
I am but I’ve long since moved to York. My parents still live there and no doubt my dad still keeps an eye out for interesting scrap.

He and my brother restored a 1940s Bedford OLB a few years ago, but sadly had to sell it. I’ll try to find some pictures to post here.

Top Bottom