Claud Butler explorer 400 (new 2010 version)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im wondering if i should get this bike and also wondering if £135 is a good deal, could you guys help me out. also if anyone out there has had or has still got a claud butler in this range , could they give me feedback on them.

Thank you

billy1561

BB wrecker
I've got the same bike mate and I use it as my commuter bike. Had it 2 years now and its been reliable. The only problem I've had is I broke a few spokes on the back wheel on the trails but I'm a heavy rider so understandable to a point. Its not the lightest bike but its fairly quick and comfortable to ride.
Anything I've missed just ask.

nick.b

its an ok bike i had a CB hybrid about 3 years ago (basically the same bike, just differnt paint) and it was ok, the parts are basic but if your after a bike to commute on itll do just that, anything more and probably not.

at 135 im assuming its used, so make sure you give it a good once over, as having to replace things like the freewheel on a cheapish bike hurts the wallet.

cheap commuter bike if your on a budget, perfect for nipping to work and back on, you wont want to take it off road though as itll fall to bits like mine did.

end of the day, 135 for a bike isnt much so its probably a nice deal.

nick.b

Off road will be ok so long as it's canal paths ect anything heavier and things will start to break. Nothing to lose at that price.

This

135 is a bargain for a basic bike, itll be way better then most of the apollo type crap youll find at that price point, just remember its not an offroad mtb. its a hybrid, mainly build for road use.

albion

Guru
I think it is actually a hard tail, as used by most in the cross country Olympics.

A trail bike but probably often considered a necessity on Britain's potholed roads.

Top Bottom