Claud Butler explorer 400 (new 2010 version)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick.b

hmm, how about some clarification, whats your budget 1st you looked at £130 then a £400 your mostly looking at hybrids then asking about if itll off road.

im a bit confused as to what it is that your really after, if you want to be able to ride through muddy tracks alot of the time then say so we can help you find the right bike.

so 2 things we need to know
1. budget?
2. where you want to ride it? (on the road/ dirt tracks/ off road, cycle parks)

more then happy to help you find a bike just need to know what you want to use it for.

nick.

OP
OP
F

fraser woods

Your from st neots Nick , Im from gamlingay, and im mainly looking at hybrids for on road purposes, but i dont want the wheels to thin so i can go on muddy tracks from time to time, my budget is anywear near £200. I asked for reviews on the £400 bike because i might of got it second hand. Im 6 ft tall and im only 16 (hence why budget is low). Could you help me out from this information?

Fraser

nick.b

ok, ill have a look about, i saw a new bike shop in st neots today, its very basic, so i wouldnt break your neck to get there but iirc i think they had a couple of Claud butlers, 2nd hand, ill take a ride over and have a look at it, and let you knw if its worth the trip.

on a seperate note i have a kona hoss id let go cheap just to get rid of it tbh,probably £250 been thinking about selling it for a while, you could switch the frame out for something more roady if it wasnt your thing, just a thought, you'd get much better componants that way, if you could strtch your budget, or i could think about stripping it for parts.

OP
OP
F

fraser woods

Could you link a website with the kona hoss on so i can see its product details and maybe link a picture , thanks. theres no need to go to the shop, thanks anyway

nick.b

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/kona/hoss-deluxe-2007

theres a review of one.

mines in blue, has some fun marks but it still looks nice.

not sure about your hight, youd have to try it on, but its proper hardtail, solid as hell for offroading, but wont eat the miles as easily on ride like a hybrid would.

the parts have all been replaced recently, like every part on the bike so its not in bad shape.

Top Bottom