Claud Butler San Remo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hello,
The LBS has this bike in, and its pretty much the top end of my budget. Has anyone got one or had a ride on one?
They also have the Giant SCR 4.0 thats a tad out of my price range at £350.
I dont want to spend too much on a bike because i cant afford it. I've been looking out for a second hand one, but they all seem to be too big for me.

Cheers

Joe

llllllll

I've got a older Claud Butler Milano, which I believe uses the same frame. It's been my commuter for about 5 years now, taken out in all weathers, left chained up outside at night, generally abused etc... I've had no problems with it at all, even the paint job seems to have held up pretty well. The frame is nice and stiff and handles well. It can be bit of a bone shaker when the roads are bad but no worse than most aluminium frames I've ridden. It's well worth upgrading to a carbon fork when funds allow, the standard ones are very heavy and the carbon improves the comfort. The clearences are pretty tight so you might struggle to fit gaurds dispite the mounting points on the frame.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Thanks llllllll. Hopefully the bike will still be the same quality. I'm going to go and have another look at it, and see how it feels.

Cheers

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Not too sure about the size of frame. The guy in the bike shop said 53-56 or 59. So i would think that would be too small.
Thanks anyway.
Cheers

llllllll

Joe24 said:
Thanks llllllll. Hopefully the bike will still be the same quality. I'm going to go and have another look at it, and see how it feels.

Cheers

Let us know how you get on

roshi chris

Im surprised you can't find anything second hand in that size to be honest, thats a pretty average size. How tall are you?

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Not too sure, about 5ft 6 ish, but because i'm 15 i'm still growing. I am keeping a look out for a second hand one in my area, maybe its the wrong time of year?

Cheers

Joe, you might find that my Milano would be an OK size for you. I'm 5'8" and I didn't find it too small. Let me know and I can send you some pics.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Hello,
I think i shall have to leave it, i havent got the money yet, and i think i'm going to need to buy some new canoeing kit for winter. So the new bike is on hold for a while. Although i shall keep looking and druelling.
Cheers

Top Bottom