Claud Butler Super Coureur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rides very nicely tho the weight is instantly noticeable after riding modern lightweights
Have you weighed it yet? What's the difference between your modern bike and this? I feel the weight of a nice steel frame is largely offset by the quality of the ride, there's a sort of silky tautness about it. Add a decent set of wheels and it feels even better!

OP
OP
fatjel

fatjel

Veteran
Weighed it yesterday was 12.75 kg.. That was with lots of tools a heavy stand and steel handlebars..
Some nice new ally bars , no tools and no stand and we're down to 11 kg
Has steel wheels which I will be swapping for hopely lighter ally ones soon.
I never expected it to be as light as my carbon bike nor do I particularly want it to be

johnnyb

Weighed it yesterday was 12.75 kg.. That was with lots of tools a heavy stand and steel handlebars..
Some nice new ally bars , no tools and no stand and we're down to 11 kg
Has steel wheels which I will be swapping for hopely lighter ally ones soon.
I never expected it to be as light as my carbon bike nor do I particularly want it to be

I had exactly this bike when I was 12 as a birthday present! It was incredible, Weimann centre-pull brakes, 5 speed campag gears, brooks saddle ! Hope you still have it, mine was stolen and never recovered :0( . Great to see one again!

CBGuy

fatjel,
I hesitate to bump this older thread, but I am wondering if you perhaps know the serial number. I don't think I am able to PM as this is first post. I've been mining Claud Butler serial numbers for the period 1959 to 1976 and working along with PeachyPM of Retrobike. We have 60+ frames to date and have developed a prediction table. Your serial would be helpful information as it appears in 1967 the serial numbers took a jump from ~31500 to 50001. It would be interesting to know which side of those numbers your Super Coureur is on . That paint scheme appears to have been used only 1967 and 1968.
If interested have a look at present date Prediction table and example frames on my Flickr account.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/76762476@N05/albums
Doug

Top Bottom