Clayton Vale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Right then! Llandegla!
Got to master the Blue route at CV first :whistle:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yee Ha! Been back at the Vale tonight and it was fantastic. Oldest son turned up after school with one of his mates and asked if we could all go. I was meant to be working late on a garden project but didn't need much of an excuse to down tools and don the cycling gear on a lovely evening like tonight.
We headed up the old railway out of Ashton, passed through Daisy Nook, across Littlemoss before dropping down into Clayton Vale at the eastern end. One and a half laps and I was straight back on it like a pro! Even did a bit of child jumping by getting the two boys to lie down under the edge of a rock drop off while I jumped over them :eek:
Saw a bloke riding another GT, I think it might have been one of the newer Zaskars (they are all newer than mine!) and followed him down the trail for a bit. That turned out to be a mistake as he was quite a bit slower than me and kept bypassing the rock drop offs.
Ended up playing around on the concrete blocks outside Evans at the Velodrome while the lads went in to look at the bmx track. While I was hopping and jumping about on the blocks a group of 3 yoof turned up and joined me. We had a bit of a chat and a laugh, had a bit of a 'skilz off' and showed each other some 'respect'! They were better than me but were impressed that someone 'my age' (cheeky bleeders) knew how to handle a bike and said it was nice to see some use a bike properly :thanks: They did comment that I would do even better if I lowered my saddle a bit.
My son and his mate came back and this spoiled my awesomeness a little and as we rode away it occurred to me that my bike was probably older than the young guys I had been comparing skilz with! @fossyant @potsy @dan_bo you would have been so proud of me, Old Guys Rule!
We dropped onto the canal and made warp factor 9 for home because Mrs Skol had text and said tea was ready in about 10 minutes.......
40 minutes later we got home :whistle:
Great ride, great weather, great tracks and great to be out. Another 21 fun miles on the clock. :okay:

Top Bottom