Clean and shiny...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Priscilla has just been given a good clean, chain lubed etc.
I have applied the 'frame saver' patches in the appropriate places where cables etc were rubbing the paintwork.
I wanted to check the tyre pressures but I can't work the new floor pump :shy:

Not much to a track pump, you open the valve as you would have done with your old pump and push the pump head on and pull the lock lever up. You might have to do a soft pump to clear the valve and get the psi to register.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Not much to a track pump, you open the valve as you would have done with your old pump and push the pump head on and pull the lock lever up. You might have to do a soft pump to clear the valve and get the psi to register.
Can't seem to get it to fit on the valve...

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Ahh SL you may have one of the new valve fittings where the lock lever works in the opposite direction, not like the footpumps of the 70s or 80s the little lever locks t'other way, my new micro pump and double foot pump are like this.
Typical that I just can't make the parts fit together! :shy:

Lanzecki

Über Member
Don't you ride a mountain bike *Shudders*?

Lanzecki

Über Member
I think people are talking about road bike valves. I get the names round the wrong way, but the road bike valve is a lot smaller. I'd have thought track pumps have both fittings, but stranger things and all that...

Is the head of the pump double sided? you are using the right end? Or am I about to get flamed?

My double headed pump head : The lock lever locks when moved away from the connected end.
topeak-TTH01-med.jpg

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I think people are talking about road bike valves. I get the names round the wrong way, but the road bike valve is a lot smaller. I'd have thought track pumps have both fittings, but stranger things and all that...

Is the head of the pump double sided? you are using the right end? Or am I about to get flamed?

My double headed pump head : The lock lever locks when moved away from the connected end.
topeak-TTH01-med.jpg
It has two heads, side by side and the lever to attach it on to the valve.
My 29er MTB has schrader valves. I'm probably just being really dense!
I'll post some pics later...

Top Bottom