Cleaning and Servicing My Bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Best be on the safe side, considering during the wash I removed the little original oil that the bike had remaining on it. In the mean time I shall work on a camera mount for the handle bars, try and get some POV video.... hopefully not of me falling off though :wacko:

byegad

Legendary Member
I used WD40 for years with no adverse effect and 5-6000 miles per chain. I've swapped to Chainsaw oil. It sticks to the metal and seems to pick up very little dirt, so much so that my first trike to use it has now covered 3000miles on this chain, and needed relubing just once as it was looking a bit dry, the old lube came off almost clean as new.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Ok, well I shall put on some WD-40 and take it out for a ride. In truth, considering it hasn't ever been properly oiled since I got it at least four years ago and WD-40 is the only thing I've used, it probably is the only oil that it had on it when I cleaned it.

Loads of videos on you tube regarding cleaning / servicing your bike.
I recently learnt how to take my rear cassett off and clean that. Looks great now.
Admittedly I broke my chain (see other thread) but it good to understand how the bike fits together.
I like being self reliant. :-)

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Ok,

I've just taken another look at it, and in those four years I've grown a fair bit. The seat is as far out as it possibly can go and it is still a bit small, I am thinking of swapping to an entry level road bike and part exchange it.

I have seen that people on the forum seem to like the Triban 3, I'm looking to spend about £300 (but pushing to £350). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Nearly there

Veteran
Ok,

I've just taken another look at it, and in those four years I've grown a fair bit. The seat is as far out as it possibly can go and it is still a bit small, I am thinking of swapping to an entry level road bike and part exchange it.

I have seen that people on the forum seem to like the Triban 3, I'm looking to spend about £300 (but pushing to £350). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Get the triban the end ^_^

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
I think only Decathlon do em

Hmm.... may as well ask if they can order it in, if not I shall see if I can buy direct. Thanks for the help!

.... Decathlon don't deliver to the Channel Islands if it is over 5kg.....

Top Bottom